• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I pulled over in a parking lot and told him I thought about blacking out and nailing it..........not sure he saw the humor.

The size doesn't matter.........it's the cardio. Our entrance exam for PT isn't that hard. If you want to do it.....you should try. If you really want to do it and never try, you'll kick yourself one day. Don't know how old you are but 36 is the cut off for PERF. Besides, if my old asthmatic ass can do it, I'm sure you could.
    I'm 23, so I have time. I want to get a degree before I pursue a career in LE. Something that I could use in a LE career, and after I retire. Have any suggestions?

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Ryan...........you should remove "you know who" from your ignore list just long enough to read the claims he made earlier tonight in your PPD thread.

I was gonna respond to it, but I'm sure I would get an infraction. I might tomorrow though.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm 23, so I have time. I want to get a degree before I pursue a career in LE. Something that I could use in a LE career, and after I retire. Have any suggestions?

If you ant my honest opinion........you don't need it. It's just something that looks good on a resume. I am a HS graduate........never stepped foot in a college classroom. I have see some with degrees that couldn't reason their way out of a wet paper bag. Not saying that's you obviously because I don't know you, but 99% of this job is common sense and being able to multi task. Anything else you learn as you go.

Don't get me wrong, I admire those wanting a degree, but for a carrer in LE it's just not needed unless you want to have rank in the "brass" level someday. Me.........I'm spending my 20+ on the street where real police work is done.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    If you ant my honest opinion........you don't need it. It's just something that looks good on a resume. I am a HS graduate........never stepped foot in a college classroom. I have see some with degrees that couldn't reason their way out of a wet paper bag. Not saying that's you obviously because I don't know you, but 99% of this job is common sense and being able to multi task. Anything else you learn as you go.

Don't get me wrong, I admire those wanting a degree, but for a carrer in LE it's just not needed unless you want to have rank in the "brass" level someday. Me.........I'm spending my 20+ on the street where real police work is done.
    Fair enough. I know I don't need a degree, but the company I'm working for has tuition reimbursement. I may as well take advantage of it since I already have 60+ credit hours.

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Fair enough. I know I don't need a degree, but the company I'm working for has tuition reimbursement. I may as well take advantage of it since I already have 60+ credit hours.

I completely understand and admire you for that, I just didn't want you thinking you had too. I have met people before that honestly thought they had too and didn't want you wasting the time if you didn't have too.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ryan...........you should remove "you know who" from your ignore list just long enough to read the claims he made earlier tonight in your PPD thread.

I was gonna respond to it, but I'm sure I would get an infraction. I might tomorrow though.

You owe me my 15 minutes and I'll give you back some blood pressure. :): After 15 minutes of reading his posts in not just my thread, but another, yea, no, I'm not doing that again. I knew there was a reason I ignored him.

Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[rant]

You know, I don't mind hearing from "the other side" of what issue is being discussed. What I do mind is consistent, and relentless side stepping of every direct question asked. What REALLY irks me is the arrogance. And that's not just directed at one person, but a few certain other members as well. I mean, everyone has their times. I'm guilty for sure. But I'm talking about those who are 24/7 arrogant. I really don't understand people like that. No one is a better person than any one else. There are those with money and those that aren't, those beautiful and those not. Those with little education and those with more. However, no one is above or below anyone else.

Unfortunately, we have a few people who are above everyone here. In their own minds anyway. You have that everywhere, though, I know. It's just that those are the people that get to me the most, second only to liars.

[/rant]

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    College would be nice, but depending on your chosen career is the determining factor on if you NEED it. Computers... get certified since most computer people are self taught anyway. Driving a truck... no need. Obviously LE, yes and no. Depends on your ambitions.

Running your own business? I know many successful business owners that didn't finish HS. Again. Depends on your ambitions. :dunno:

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well I think you "know" me well enough from the times we have talked with each other and against each other to know that if someone deserves their lumps........LEO or not then they should step up and take 'em. But this guy..........he is a completely different breed. Had it not been in a thread YOU started and an incident YOU were involved in........I wouldn't have even brought it up. But to blatently state that he might actually belive that the officer called it in himself basically so he could point a gun at you just pisses me off.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well I think you "know" me well enough from the times we have talked with each other and against each other to know that if someone deserves their lumps........LEO or not then they should step up and take 'em. But this guy..........he is a completely different breed. Had it not been in a thread YOU started and an incident YOU were involved in........I wouldn't have even brought it up. But to blatently state that he might actually belive that the officer called it in himself basically so he could point a gun at you just pisses me off.

Understandable. Some of the things he says... :facepalm: I don't know man... :):

1032JBT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    It's almost as if we need to start a "ban petition" since it seems 90% of the members would rather not read anything he types

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I support the the decision 'AYE'

It gets so tiring to read through a thread where you can actually support an opinion other than yours, then all of a sudden there is something so off the wall that you can't help but see it as blatant "TROLLING" it is getting old, and I do mean old..and fat too...........after all, interwebs in serious business

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hi guys.

I'm not dead. Le Doug reminded me yesterday that I've been awfully quiet lately. I'll get to why in a moment, but let me just say that somebody should make a thread with a poll about banning the aforementioned member :laugh:

OK, so why I've been quiet: basically, I'm trying to spend less time on the computer. As I've mentioned before, I plan on joining the Marines once I can pass the entrance PFT. So I'm trying to put as much of my energy into training for that as I can. My dad once told me, "You make time for what's important to you." Which has a corollary that whatever you spend your time on must be important to you. So I had to make a conscious decision to spend less time on the internetz because it is much more important to me that I get into shape and get in the Marines than that I keep up with all the nincumpoops trolling around in good people's threads.

Oh, and then it didn't help that the house I moved into hadn't been cleaned before the folks left. So since I got here, I've been spending time trying to make sure I at least have a reasonable amount of clean living space.

So anyway, hi y'all. I'm alive and well. Now I think I'll spend a couple hours trying to catch up on this thread. I'm still on page 296 but y'all are up to 315! Oy vey.

PS - If anybody wants to track my runs and bike rides, the iPhone app I use for posts my stats here: runtastic :: Login
    ETA - sometimes that tries to make you log in, but you really don't have to. Just re-enter manually www [dot] runtastic [dot] com/users/Caleb-Allen

PSS - LeD, you joining the military? Saw you said you OC'd to the recruiters stations. Or maybe I'll find that out after I catch up...

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Why do you have to go through so much BS to share a picture?
    I suck at computer stuff.

You want an easier solution to using photobucket-type services? Try TinyGrab. It's primary use is so that when you take a screenshot, it can automatically upload it and then copy the URL for it to your clipboard (which makes it VERY easy to share screenshots), but you can also just upload any image by dragging the image file and dropping it onto the TinyGrab icon (or right-clicking, then choosing Upload Image), and it'll still give you the URL.

To be honest, though, TinyGrab has had a few financial problems. They were a part of a MacHeist Bundle (if you don't know about it, don't worry about it.. the essence is that you get a lot of software for little money) and many people got the Pro upgrades for very cheap, so as a result, they've not had enough money to keep it all going for all the users. They even had to simply ask for donations a couple weeks ago to stay afloat. There's also the chance that they may have to change the pricing plans so that hotlinking (i.e., embedding that image in INGO) is a paid feature. If that happens, their competitor, CloudApp, may be worth checking out. I haven't checked it out because I already have TinyGrab Premium from the MacHeist, but it looks solid. No idea on pricing there, though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom