Not open for further replies.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    I owe everything I know to my Dad.

I can't do any major work on my own, but can do pretty much anything with my Pops help.

Same here... My old man is a mechanic by trade. He owns a business that restores old/antique military vehicles.

Actually, I went with him make a house call to do some work on a client's truck today.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Truly Jim, 1gm isn't going to do you much good. Up it to at least 5gm. Our 85yo neighbor takes 10 per day and I can't remember the last time he was sick. He still runs a sawmill.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    My dad and I built our house. There's no "building codes" here, so we did everything. I had to read a couple of books in the process, and it took 5 years.....but I fell and broke some ribs during that time too.....

I'll give anything a try once or twice, I haven't found anything I wanted to do that I haven't been able to do yet...now that doesn't mean I haven't broken a lot of things in the process!

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Truly Jim, 1gm isn't going to do you much good. Up it to at least 5gm. Our 85yo neighbor takes 10 per day and I can't remember the last time he was sick. He still runs a sawmill.
    Holy crap! that's a bunch of Vitamin C!!!!
    Should I just eat a whole orange tree??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    My dad and I built our house. There's no "building codes" here, so we did everything. I had to read a couple of books in the process, and it took 5 years.....but I fell and broke some ribs during that time too.....

I'll give anything a try once or twice, I haven't found anything I wanted to do that I haven't been able to do yet...now that doesn't mean I haven't broken a lot of things in the process!
    No building codes in your county??
    The only county around here with no codes is Gibson.It will have an inspector soon.....

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Jim, you have to get better because I need your help... I need you to look at a house and tell me ho much $$$$ it's gonna cost me to fix a few things -- mostly plumbing related.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Jim, you have to get better because I need your help... I need you to look at a house and tell me ho much $$$$ it's gonna cost me to fix a few things -- mostly plumbing related.
    Do you have a pic of this Japanese S&M love bath area?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    First off, sorry to SE and JC for your tough news today. I'll keep praying for you guys.

Same here... My old man is a mechanic by trade. He owns a business that restores old/antique military vehicles.

Actually, I went with him make a house call to do some work on a client's truck today.

I wish I was more mechanically inclined. I mean, I could probably learn how, but it's tough to teach yourself that stuff - especially when you don't have a lot of free time. Now, my grandpa on my dad's side, he's a pretty handy guy. Grew up in the Depression, of course, but was born and raised on a Tennessee farm. He knows :poop:. Lots of it. But the problem was that he has a way about him that my dad just couldn't stand working with him long enough to learn much of it. So my dad didn't get much, and now I've got even less.

There are just so many things to learn... the more mature I get, the more I realize how much stuff there is to learn about in this world. Yikes.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Try re wiring a newer car.....I re wired the engine bay on Shell's 89 Camaro.
    Went from a TBI 305 to A TPI 350. Changed all computer wiring but left all the non ECM wiring intact.

Yeah, no thanks. My buddy has an ~'07 4-Runner that asked me to install a stereo for him...I took one glance at it and just started laughing...Basically all of the plastic from the dashboard to the panels in the back are one piece.

I have NO clue how you get that detached from the dash without scratching or breaking anything.:n00b:

Actually, I know exactly how... Really expensive, really specialized tools that the average Joe ain't gonna have.

Neither my Dad, nor his Dad are mechanics by trade...Come to think of it, I have no idea how he knows so much about cars.:dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom