• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Are you looking for something like this:

World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS

p_100002035_1.jpg
    yep

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Bought a dual rail handguard.
    Never looked back! :D

I would vote for a quad handguard.

after a couple hours, that quad handguard is not comfortable at all. Tears up your hand and I could do without the added weight.

You're not supposed to leave the slots exposed. They dig into your hand and can become dinged and damaged, which can hinder the mounting of accessories. Rail covers are your friend. :yesway:

I looked at quads but couldn't find one that kept the stock M-4 look.

By design, a quad rail isn't going to keep the look of plastic oval handguards.

If anyone is looking for an uber-cheap route, but with quality way above that of Chinese manufacturers, consider an ISD rail. I just reviewed one and was extremely impressed.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...2-piece_drop-in_carbine_rail_for_ar-15_a.html

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Esrice you skipped all my post. I dont want the uber cheap route, I just like the A2 handguard and I like that my AR is extremely light.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Wow. Because, I carry a 1911 on duty, I have to carry 6 mags on duty instead of the standard 3 for the Glock and other double stack guys!

With the standard 3 I would have had 25 rounds! I should bring your point up to my bosses, "Sir, I bet there was a time when you only carried 18 rounds on duty." "Is it really necessary for me to carry 49?"
    When I retired we were up to 40 rounds of .45ACP. ;)

supposed to work with the heat shield
    I know.
    That was the reason I bought one.
    They lied.
    The Bushmaster heatshield is "U" shaped and the retaining bolts aren't long enough to clear the inside of the shield and engage the nuts. Also the nuts are too wide to fit inside of the shield. :noway:
    I returned it and bought the dual rail handguard.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'm watching Minority Report...It's a bit more terrifying now then the first time I saw it.

Right its like something that could happen soon or tomorrow..

Maybe it's happening right now and we don't even know!?!?!?!

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Its best to panic and freak out and run away cause you know it totally is..

Actually, funny you guys should be talking about this movie.

This weekend I watched a show called "Track me if you can" with Aton somethingorother... one of the tracking methods was "Flashing" a pic on public screens that would generate a high emotional response from ONLY the person they were looking for (IE: A picture of the targets family ) while viewing camera systems that can isolate increased heartrates/body temperatures. Anyone who reacted to the picture could be associated with the "target" and possibly used to find them.

In addition to that they also were showing iris scanners that work from 100 yards away..... that's kind of freaky.

Freaky stuff going on in the name of "National Security" that's for sure.

Watching Bill Maher on Jay Leno talk crap about gun owners. It’s pretty disgusting.

Well, you are watching Bill Maher... on the Jay Leno show.... I'm just saying, you knew it was coming...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom