OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    yes, is that a bad thing?

I couldn't wake up this morning either. Had kids to take to the bus stop and mine didn't even go to school today! I'm to good to these neighbor kids. Glad I was though as the bus was almost a half hour late. To cold to be standing out there that long.

Its not necessarily bad, but you do run into problems if its sleeping or suspended for a long period of time... like not waking back up. I guess next time you have problems you can probably just hold the power button to force it to restart.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I'm good, figured out I'm gonna just gonna take the cyl head to a shop to be torn down, cleaned, valve job, and reassmbled instead of buying the tools to do myself.

haha the car don't look very good on jackstands, looks better on the track. ;):):

That would be a big job, I'm mechanically inclined and all, but I wouldn't try that!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Its not necessarily bad, but you do run into problems if its sleeping or suspended for a long period of time... like not waking back up. I guess next time you have problems you can probably just hold the power button to force it to restart.

I did hold the power button for a restart. Don't like that because I know it is hard on your hard drive.

when it started I had removed everything, like the wireless mouse, battery etc. Had it unplugged and held the power down for 15 seconds to fully drain everything. plugged it in with no battery hit the power button and it started. The page I found said it would diagnose it and I was to watch for lights flashing, listen for fan running etc. Well it went to "windows didn't shut down properly" screen when it came on. I was surprised I could see anything at all.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I did hold the power button for a restart. Don't like that because I know it is hard on your hard drive.

when it started I had removed everything, like the wireless mouse, battery etc. Had it unplugged and held the power down for 15 seconds to fully drain everything. plugged it in with no battery hit the power button and it started. The page I found said it would diagnose it and I was to watch for lights flashing, listen for fan running etc. Well it went to "windows didn't shut down properly" screen when it came on. I was surprised I could see anything at all.

Yep, nothing major. Just sometimes they don't seem to want to wake up. I usually just shut mine down whenever I'm not using it.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Na, its 3 easy steps.

1. Take Cylinder Head off
    2. Take to machine shop
    3. reassemble top half of engine

:D

If the spring compressor I bought at Sears would of been the right one for the job, the head would already be apart and cleaned. But since I checked today and a total valve job is only $70 if their machine can do it. Then I'll just pay them to do it since it's only a few more bucks than the right compressor would of been. :):

I've done total cyl head rebuilds before, but don't have access to the equipment anymore. :( Oh well, I'll just drop it off tomorrow or have dad drop it off today for me.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    you suggested a google search, which I hadn't thought of. That gives you 10 cents off your next purchase. :rofl:

My way would be take the whole thing, car and all, to the mechanic. I'm not just computer illiterate. :D

That is what I had to do with my ford that sat in the driveway for two years. I tried to fix it:dunno:

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    So I just got my water bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :dunno::n00b::xmad:

photo-31-1.jpg

2 mos of water!!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom