Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    My idea of camping is falling asleep on the couch.

:yesway:

I fell the same way. But have done a lot of real camping with my son and the scout troop.

Well this is mine!

Rexhall.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know we usually frown on gun talk in here but help me out. I am thinking about getting a Colt 1911a1 model. Like a stainless gold cup or something. Or a SA but I would want a better one than the base models. But I want one that I could carry concealed comfortably. I have thought about a H&K or Sig in a .45....

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I know we usually frown on gun talk in here but help me out. I am thinking about getting a Colt 1911a1 model. Like a stainless gold cup or something. Or a SA but I would want a better one than the base models. But I want one that I could carry concealed comfortably. I have thought about a H&K or Sig in a .45....

Let me start out by saying I love the 1911's also! that being said I own two of them! I would not carry one as a EDC because of the fact you have to carry locked and cocked! What I am looking for is a gun that is combat ready! If I pull the trigger it shoots if I don't pull the trigger it would not shoot! Now what fits that bill If I absolutely had to carry a 1911 it would be the Para Ord LDA here is a picture of mine!

lda1.jpg

It has a double action trigger, down side is it still has a safety on both the slide and on the grip!

What I would want would be an S&W M&P or a Glock, H&K or Sig Khar, those come closer to a true combat gun and would be what I would and do carry, Just my 2 cents worth! When it's life and death Milli seconds count and could make the difference between walking away or being carried away. :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    You know his pelvic region! or his nether region!! Did you all notice the pad that was on the chair right under that! it was for him to pee into!! Ewwwww!!!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Let me start out by saying I love the 1911's also! that being said I own two of them! I would not carry one as a EDC because of the fact you have to carry locked and cocked! What I am looking for is a gun that is combat ready! If I pull the trigger it shoots if I don't pull the trigger it would not shoot! Now what fits that bill If I absolutely had to carry a 1911 it would be the Para Ord LDA here is a picture of mine!

lda1.jpg

It has a double action trigger, down side is it still has a safety on both the slide and on the grip!

What I would want would be an S&W M&P or a Glock, H&K or Sig Khar, those come closer to a true combat gun and would be what I would and do carry, Just my 2 cents worth! When it's life and death Milli seconds count and could make the difference between walking away or being carried away. :D

Sorry, I'm a bit confused(surprise, surprise:):)...What about a 1911 isn't "combat ready?"

Couldn't you carry it without the safety on just like any other pistol without a thumb safety?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom