• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, I'd hate having to drink 12 shots and then giving them right back.

So I tend not to spend much at all anymore.

I can't rent what I don't own. ;)

jknapp is still at it.

I sent him an explanation with the neg-rep, and I've even responded to a thread... he just doesn't seem to understand that, 'HI, BUDDY, I CAN SEE YA. WHATCHA DOIN', BRAH?'

Well, 12 shots for me isn't that big of a deal, but yeah, if you are buying them at a bar and also give them back in the same sitting, you're looking at $60+:toilet2:.

I always slam down several before leaving, so I can just stick to beer while I'm out...It saves me quite a bit that way.

And yeah, he's not doing the typical 9 vs. .45, but he's still doing one-liners... obviously so.

Good god, a new thread for each AND two sentence maximum.

He's here to buy some boar-hunting rifles, from what I gather.

God, this type of crap upsets me... like I'm NOT intelligent enough to see through that.

No introduction. No time spent listening to other people or even bothering to reply to them. Just posting new thread after new thread after new thread.

So... I think he's spammAN, sorry.

OK, now it's time to go investigate.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Oh, I didn't realize you could stream Netflix from a BD player; I had seen ads on Netflix that they have streaming to PS3s (and, most recently, to Wiis), but I guess it makes sense it'd work on a "standard" BD player. Cool :yesway:

ETA - IMHO Netflix really is nicely priced. I got the 2-out-at-a-time option and split it with my roommate. That also includes unlimited streaming; and there's no problem with us both streaming in the apartment at the same time. Or even if we both go home for breaks. $14 per month isn't bad at all. I hope your wife goes for it!
    I have Netflix on my Samsung Blu Ray player. It sucks compared to streaming on my Xbox 360. The player loads the videos slow, the audio was out of sync with the video, the 360 interface is much better IMO. I would imagine that the PS3 would also be better.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Well, 12 shots for me isn't that big of a deal, but yeah, if you are buying them at a bar and also give them back in the same sitting, you're looking at $60+:toilet2:.

I always slam down several before leaving, so I can just stick to beer while I'm out...It saves me quite a bit that way.

OK, now it's time to go investigate.

The only bar tab I ever had wound up being ~$150.
    People let me pay my tab drunk.

$60 of drinks turned into $100 with tip... and then later I went up to settle at the bar.

Granted, it was my 21st and people were buying me drinks, so I was plastered, but still... I would have thought SOMEONE more sober would say, 'Oh, hey, Adam, let me go give them that and you start heading for the door, man...' Nope.

Last time I get drunk in Ottawa, I tell you whut!

And yes, I'm not a big beer drinker, but if I were to drink when I go out, beer would have to be it. Yup. Cheaper to rent.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I have Netflix on my Samsung Blu Ray player. It sucks compared to streaming on my Xbox 360. The player loads the videos slow, the audio was out of sync with the video, the 360 interface is much better IMO. I would imagine that the PS3 would also be better.

I have no problems with Netflix on the PS3. I just wish they had a larger selection of videos.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The only bar tab I ever had wound up being ~$150.
    People let me pay my tab drunk.

$60 of drinks turned into $100 with tip... and then later I went up to settle at the bar.

Granted, it was my 21st and people were buying me drinks, so I was plastered, but still... I would have thought SOMEONE more sober would say, 'Oh, hey, Adam, let me go give them that and you start heading for the door, man...' Nope.

Last time I get drunk in Ottawa, I tell you whut!

And yes, I'm not a big beer drinker, but if I were to drink when I go out, beer would have to be it. Yup. Cheaper to rent.

Ouch that sucks...My tab was $0.00 on my 21st...I would had to have been really, really sneaky to pay for something on my 21st.

I took the mandatory 21 shots, but I probably would have been tackled by one of my friends if I tried paying for one.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    And yeah, he's not doing the typical 9 vs. .45, but he's still doing one-liners... obviously so.

Good god, a new thread for each AND two sentence maximum.

He's here to buy some boar-hunting rifles, from what I gather.

God, this type of crap upsets me... like I'm NOT intelligent enough to see through that.

No introduction. No time spent listening to other people or even bothering to reply to them. Just posting new thread after new thread after new thread.

So... I think he's spammAN, sorry.

ARGHHHHHHH screwed up. someone nuke my pos

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I've done more Moderating in the last 15 minutes, than the last two months combined.

Thanks to everyone who used the report post function. To everyone who got involved in the threads, and said some less than kind things..... Watch yourself please. Next time I might not be as nice. :ingo:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I've done more Moderating in the last 15 minutes, than the last two months combined.

Thanks to everyone who used the report post function. To everyone who got involved in the threads, and said some less than kind things..... Watch yourself please. Next time I might not be as nice. :ingo:
    Understood.

I'll try not to let myself get trolled next time.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina

Oh, interesting point.

I have no problems with Netflix on the PS3. I just wish they had a larger selection of videos.

I'm a big fan of documentaries and there are quite a few of the "view now" docs, so I have yet to get bored with it.

BTW, I run mine through Xbox Live.

I guess it makes sense that it would work better on "computers" like the PS3 and 360. For now I just stream NF on my iMac, which is hooked up to my 37" HDTV as my 2nd monitor. Frankly, I'm so used to having this massive display that I don't even know how well I'll handle it when I get a place where I can actually set up my TV in an entertainment system. I'll probably have to get another monitor, too.

(click to enlarge)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Understood.

I'll try not to let myself get trolled next time.

Doesn't it suck?

I'm really weak when it comes to getting baited by even the less than intelligent trolls...I just can't help myself sometimes.

There's nothing I've ever said on the internet that I wouldn't say to someone's face, so I guess I forget that that isn't case for a lot of people and that's how I get baited in.

I received a VERY friendly warning today from a mod telling me to ignore a certain member, because he didn't want to have to give me an infraction.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Does Rose still make you buy their $3200 laptop loaded with software?

The price has come down a bit, but yes. It was about $3100 when I bought mine (Dells that year) in August 2005. The next 4 years were all HPs. Those were about $600 less, IIRC. IMHO, it is quite a steal of a deal, considering that you are literally getting tens of thousands of dollars worth of software and *complete* support and same-day service on-campus for the duration of the enrollment.

In my case, though, I absolutely hated my Dell. It sucked. It was awful. Nobody denied that. In fact, the three years before my year the laptops had been Compaq/HP, and then after my year they went right back to HP. So, midway though my sophomore year, I sold my Dell on Ebay and bought a MacBook. :yesway:

I have unofficial - but definitive - information on the model chosen for next year because I work at the IAIT Helpdesk.

On an unrelated note, check out this computer brand.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Oh, I didn't realize you could stream Netflix from a BD player; I had seen ads on Netflix that they have streaming to PS3s (and, most recently, to Wiis), but I guess it makes sense it'd work on a "standard" BD player. Cool :yesway:

ETA - IMHO Netflix really is nicely priced. I got the 2-out-at-a-time option and split it with my roommate. That also includes unlimited streaming; and there's no problem with us both streaming in the apartment at the same time. Or even if we both go home for breaks. $14 per month isn't bad at all. I hope your wife goes for it!

I wish I didn't have to throw down a CC# for the 2week trial to see how it would stream on my BR player. Because I darn well would forget before the time trial ended and my wife would shoot me.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Doesn't it suck?

I'm really weak when it comes to getting baited by even the less than intelligent trolls...I just can't help myself sometimes.

There's nothing I've ever said on the internet that I wouldn't say to someone's face, so I guess I forget that that isn't case for a lot of people and that's how I get baited in.

I received a VERY friendly warning today from a mod telling me to ignore a certain member, because he didn't want to have to give me an infraction.
    Did the certain member's name start with a "s" and end with "amot"?

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    wow ATM will tell me about not doin this but then i find him in here????

New members have to get through a "probationary period" to establish the fact that they are either willing to learn and ask good questions or have something good to contribute or are at least not here to take advantage of the community before "post whoring" is acceptable.

Not to sound condescending, but I picture my father telling me, "go make yourself useful, kid." That's kinda how it is at INGO until you get 50 "quality" posts.

What's a quality post? It's in the FAQ :)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Oh, interesting point.

I guess it makes sense that it would work better on "computers" like the PS3 and 360. For now I just stream NF on my iMac, which is hooked up to my 37" HDTV as my 2nd monitor. Frankly, I'm so used to having this massive display that I don't even know how well I'll handle it when I get a place where I can actually set up my TV in an entertainment system. I'll probably have to get another monitor, too.

(click to enlarge)

Yes, running it through the Xbox is awesome...You click on the movie you want to watch and about 10-20 seconds later I have it on my LCD with surround sound.

I have a 24" computer monitor and I can't imagine looking at something bigger than that while sitting at a desk...I'd get a headache.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    The price has come down a bit, but yes. It was about $3100 when I bought mine (Dells that year) in August 2005. The next 4 years were all HPs. Those were about $600 less, IIRC. IMHO, it is quite a steal of a deal, considering that you are literally getting tens of thousands of dollars worth of software and *complete* support and same-day service on-campus for the duration of the enrollment.

In my case, though, I absolutely hated my Dell. It sucked. It was awful. Nobody denied that. In fact, the three years before my year the laptops had been Compaq/HP, and then after my year they went right back to HP. So, midway though my sophomore year, I sold my Dell on Ebay and bought a MacBook. :yesway:

I have unofficial - but definitive - information on the model chosen for next year because I work at the IAIT Helpdesk.

On an unrelated note, check out this computer brand.
    Ah, Lenovo, formerly IBM? I do realize those laptops are a deal with all the legal software. I got all the info when I went for a campus visit.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I wish I didn't have to throw down a CC# for the 2week trial to see how it would stream on my BR player. Because I darn well would forget before the time trial ended and my wife would shoot me.

Haha, yeah that's how I got hooked. My old roommate had it (actually, his fiancee had it, so he used hers) and spoke highly of it. So I went ahead and got my own 2-week trial. At the end of 2 weeks, just like they planned, I liked it enough to not cancel it. Then my new roommate wanted in on it, so I moved up a level to the 2-disc plan and we started splitting the cost.

And hey, if she's gonna get upset that you forgot, maybe she should remind you in two weeks! Amirite?!

ETA - if she shoots you, dibs on one of your cool guns!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom