• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    Well decided to watch Avatar today and then later this week to see what all I missed the first time.

Awesome movie, I can not see how in the world it did not win the Academy Award for best movie. Hurt Locker is nowhere in Avatar's class.

Should have it loaded up and ready to watch Wed with my buddy, can't wait!

alright im gonna have to watch it....your the 500th person that said it was good. so i guess im just gonna have to see for myself :dunno:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    What type of field or fields do you want to work in?

Remember, there are bad superiors and co-workers at virtually any job.

This is very true! but the ones I have to work with are the worst!
    As far as what type of field or fields I want to work in? I really dont know:dunno:
    I love planning/organizing things and Im a big fan of problem solving and enjoy a good challenge.
    I have been with my current employer for 8-9 years or so and Im maxed out in pay and benefits. think about it...Im 30yrs old and I will never make more money than I do now if I continue working at this place. I have been maxed out at this place since my 2nd year there, I feel like I climbed the ladder to fast. I started out as a general laborer there and within a couple of months I became a machine operator and then a shift supervisor and now a level 2 operator....the only way I can advance would be to become a level 1 operator but that requires a Phd in acoustics and ultra sonics and I have already been told they have no use for a level 1...there are only 6 level ones in the county and they are company owners or DOT officials. I am 1 of only 14 level 2 operators in the country...sounds cool,but there is no job market for a level 2. what I do is "new" technology and there are very few facilities out there that can afford the machines that I operate..plus it cost a butt load of $$$$$ for the training.
    I feel like Im stuck in a hole.:dunno:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    This is very true! but the ones I have to work with are the worst!
    As far as what type of field or fields I want to work in? I really dont know:dunno:
    I love planning/organizing things and Im a big fan of problem solving and enjoy a good challenge.
    I have been with my current employer for 8-9 years or so and Im maxed out in pay and benefits. think about it...Im 30yrs old and I will never make more money than I do now if I continue working at this place. I have been maxed out at this place since my 2nd year there, I feel like I climbed the ladder to fast. I started out as a general laborer there and within a couple of months I became a machine operator and then a shift supervisor and now a level 2 operator....the only way I can advance would be to become a level 1 operator but that requires a Phd in acoustics and ultra sonics and I have already been told they have no use for a level 1...there are only 6 level ones in the county and they are company owners or DOT officials. I am 1 of only 14 level 2 operators in the country...sounds cool,but there is no job market for a level 2. what I do is "new" technology and there are very few facilities out there that can afford the machines that I operate..plus it cost a butt load of $$$$$ for the training.
    I feel like Im stuck in a hole.:dunno:

To bad you couldn't get in a State or Federal level testing in your field!! is this even done?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well decided to watch Avatar today and then later this week to see what all I missed the first time.

Awesome movie, I can not see how in the world it did not win the Academy Award for best movie. Hurt Locker is nowhere in Avatar's class.

Should have it loaded up and ready to watch Wed with my buddy, can't wait!

Told ya!! best movie ever!! and your right I hadn't even thought about the awards but it should have cleaned house!! :D

alright im gonna have to watch it....your the 500th person that said it was good. so i guess im just gonna have to see for myself :dunno:

You had better just go buy the DVD you will want to watch it more than once or twice, or ten times!! :D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    You can be a murse.

Hey now, nothing wrong with being one of those. I like my job. It's..........................intresting to say the least.

6.5x55 semi auto rifle. These are getting hard to find.
    Rifle_Ljungman_AG42.jpg

This isn't mine, but it is a similar rifle.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Thats what my mom said :rolleyes: she has been trying to get my sisters and I to becomes nurses for years. she is a nurse as well as almost every female on her side of the family..her brother is a nurse as well. no thanks..not for me:):

Phamacist?

You like problem solving though? Thought about Engineering? Or Software Development?

I'm a developer and Trouble-Shooting/Problem Solving is pretty much the description.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Thats what my mom said :rolleyes: she has been trying to get my sisters and I to becomes nurses for years. she is a nurse as well as almost every female on her side of the family..her brother is a nurse as well. no thanks..not for me:):

Well Like I said the first time then D J at a strip club!!! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Hey now, nothing wrong with being one of those. I like my job. It's..........................intresting to say the least

6.5x55 semi auto rifle. These are getting hard to find.
    Rifle_Ljungman_AG42.jpg

This isn't mine, but it is a similar rifle.

No, nothing at all wrong with it. I'd do it if I had the training, hell. Twenty-five to thirty bucks an hour? I'd take that and run with it.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Ok...you kids need to settle down. I've got Cubs-Nationals and Blackhawks-Predators up on the split-screen and a decent supply of Crown and Coke.

Ahh....good times, good times. :rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Ok...you kids need to settle down. I've got Cubs-Nationals and Blackhawks-Predators up on the split-screen and a decent supply of Crown and Coke.

Well, I'm glad, given the fact that you're a Cubs fan and spend most of your days in agonizing depression, I'm glad you're having a good day for a change. :D

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH

Last I heard it was 3-0 cubs, I only get 5 channels here at work... Would be nice for 4 in a row!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom