Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Nice!
    Both are nice to have, either way.

I need an AR in .308, as apparently the DPMS lowers for 5.56/.308 are not interchangeable.

I = fairly upset.

Might even go with a different brand next time, upgrade to a Bushmaster or RRA.

Nope, not interchangeable...But the lower is the cheap part, so would you really not want to have two, complete rifles anyway?

I have a DPMS LR308B with the bull barrel and it is awesome...If you want, when you are ready to buy one, PM me and I'll reference you to a dealer on another site that sells them for about as low as you can get; even with shipping + FFL fees I saved a couple hundred from the next lowest price...Plus, if the offer still stands, when you buy the rifle, he will sell you the mags that go for $20-30 a piece for $7 if you buy them when you buy the rifle(at least he did for me)...I took full advantage of that price and picked up 20 of them when I got the rifle.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Nope, not interchangeable...But the lower is the cheap part, so would you really not want to have two, complete rifles anyway?

I have a DPMS LR308B with the bull barrel and it is awesome...If you want, when you are ready to buy one, PM me and I'll reference you to a dealer on another site that sells them for about as low as you can get; even with shipping + FFL fees I saved a couple hundred from the next lowest price...Plus, if the offer still stands, when you buy the rifle, he will sell you the mags that go for $20-30 a piece for $7 if you buy them when you buy the rifle(at least he did for me)...I took full advantage of that price and picked up 20 of them when I got the rifle.

Holy hell, thanks for the advice, man!
    Might just do that if I go DPMS again - and I might, as mine has yet to give me any trouble, I'm just upset that they're not interchangeable. But yeah, I really would like two full rifles above one lower and two uppers anyhow... I was just planning on doing the poor man's build... One whole rifle, another upper in a different caliber, another lower.... another upper, another lower.... that sort of thing. But yeah, when I get the cash, might as well go whole hog - and bull barrel is a must in .308, to me, at least. Thanks for the pro-tips. :ingo:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    So guys, I went to Gettysburg today.

Did *you* get to do anything cool? :dunno:

I spent a couple hours in the museum and didn't even get halfway thru before my family pulled me out so we'd have time to do more of the driving+CD tour before it got dark. Then we only got to do about half the driving tour, but it was AMAZING. I'd not been since I was 8 (14 years ago), so it was great to go again now that I have a better understanding of war, government, human and states rights, and a better memory that can put things together - let alone the attention span to spend so many hours checking it all out.

Sigh, I could talk about it for a while, but I reckon this ain't the place for it. Anyway, it was awesome. Y'all missed out today, that's for sure!

Oh, and did I mention that the temp was in the 80s again today here? :)

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    So guys, I went to Gettysburg today.

Did *you* get to do anything cool? :dunno:

I spent a couple hours in the museum and didn't even get halfway thru before my family pulled me out so we'd have time to do more of the driving+CD tour before it got dark. Then we only got to do about half the driving tour, but it was AMAZING. I'd not been since I was 8 (14 years ago), so it was great to go again now that I have a better understanding of war, government, human and states rights, and a better memory that can put things together - let alone the attention span to spend so many hours checking it all out.

Sigh, I could talk about it for a while, but I reckon this ain't the place for it. Anyway, it was awesome. Y'all missed out today, that's for sure!

Oh, and did I mention that the temp was in the 80s again today here? :)

I just ran some PEX tubing for heating...... not fun at all.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I am at 29914 right now I think I mis figured it on the last count!! Oh so close, Thanks for the rep Andre46996 & Indybeerman!! Woot!!

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    On a different note I just noticed that the front sight on my new Marlin 336 has two small screw holes for the front sight, so I don't need a smith I can do it my self if I can find the sight.
    I thought at first it was just a couple of line up holes and that you had the have the sight silver soldered on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom