Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Well I went to an auction today!! and wound up buying a Marlin 336 in 44 mag!! But it needs a front sight!! anyone know any body that is a good smith in the South bend IN area that could find and put a new front sight on ?? the other option is just to put a scope on it, but I kinda want it with just open sights!!!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well I went to an auction today!! and wound up buying a Marlin 336 in 44 mag!! But it needs a front sight!! anyone know any body that is a good smith in the South bend IN area that could find and put a new front sight on ?? the other option is just to put a scope on it, but I kinda want it with just open sights!!!

Sweet! I have a Marlin 1894s(.44 mag) and it is an absolute blast to shoot...It's also my big critter gun for when I go camping.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Sweet! I have a Marlin 1894s(.44 mag) and it is an absolute blast to shoot...It's also my big critter gun for when I go camping.

I have a 44 mag revolver and always had it in the back of my mind that it would be neet to have a rifle with the same caliber to carry with it!! and presto there it was today calling my name!! :D :rockwoot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have a 44 mag revolver and always had it in the back of my mind that it would be neet to have a rifle with the same caliber to carry with it!! and presto there it was today calling my name!! :D :rockwoot:

I went the other route...I've been needing a .44mag sidearm companion for my rifle.

What revolver do you have in .44?

jclark, weren't you selling a .44? What was it?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Mudsharks are women who date outside of their ethnicity/race.
    I understand and use the term to indicate white (caucasian) women.

Not that it really matters, as she and I haven't been involved romantically in years...
    but it's always a shock to find out just how deeply someone can disappoint you.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    How close to that next silver are ya H&K?????

251 points away my friend!! :rockwoot:

I went the other route...I've been needing a .44mag sidearm companion for my rifle.

What revolver do you have in .44?

jclark, weren't you selling a .44? What was it?

I have a Taurus 44 mag just like the one Jclark had for sale I have owned it for about 20 years and love it.:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Taurus Raging Bull........but I traded it for another AR.

Nice!
    Both are nice to have, either way.

I need an AR in .308, as apparently the DPMS lowers for 5.56/.308 are not interchangeable.

I = fairly upset.

Might even go with a different brand next time, upgrade to a Bushmaster or RRA.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Oops spoke to soon mine is the one that looks like a S&W 629 before the Raging Bull, but it came with factory porting!!

Buying a .44 mag revolver got put on the back burner for awhile, but is the 629 the ~6 inch ported barrel that comes in black?

(yes, I see the irony in my post, considering what's been said the the last 30 minutes)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom