Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have not.

I was out of town last week with the family... now that I'm back in town I need to get the scope mounted... And there are a couple new Rifleman down here in Evansville that can teach me to shoot as well...;)

Since I found that spec of rust on my Kimber Eclipse barrel and freaked out and stripped all of my firearms and cleaned them, I have a few optics that need to be sighted in as well...We should work on a get-together.:yesway:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Get the slings and don't worry about sighting it in. If you can get it on target at 25 yrds you will be close. You will adjust it at the appleseed as you learn what you are doing.

OK, that was kinda what I was figuring. I didn't want to show up completely unsuited to participate, but also didn't want to miss out just because I thought I had to have everything done before I went, so that's why I asked. (Yay INGO!)

Any suggestions on what kind of slings to get? The SKS has hooks, but the 10/22 doesn't. I won't need to replace the stock to get one with hooks just so I can use a sling, will I?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    OK, that was kinda what I was figuring. I didn't want to show up completely unsuited to participate, but also didn't want to miss out just because I thought I had to have everything done before I went, so that's why I asked. (Yay INGO!)

Any suggestions on what kind of slings to get? The SKS has hooks, but the 10/22 doesn't. I won't need to replace the stock to get one with hooks just so I can use a sling, will I?

I think they recommend the GI sling.
    They make sling swivels that screw into your wood stock.

More info here Appleseed - Frequently Asked Questions

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Just plain surplus GI web slings work great. I used the stock sling that came with the old Colt SP1. It wasn't the best, but it worked.
    On my 10/22, we were able to Jerry-rig (no pun intended :rolleyes:) a loop sling attatched/tied to the forend of the stock. My 10/22 has one of the "boat paddle" style stocks and I didn't want to drill it for sling studs. Granted, the loop sling wasn't the best, but it worked in a pinch. I would suggest buying some sling studs and quick detatch swivels and install them in the 10/22.

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    Since I found that spec of rust on my Kimber Eclipse barrel and freaked out and stripped all of my firearms and cleaned them, I have a few optics that need to be sighted in as well...We should work on a get-together.:yesway:

This makes me wish I had (or was able to have) something in town I could shoot...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom