• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    the bearings we needed where not in stock...which means the machine didnt get repaired..which means the bottles didnt get done..which means HAHAHA! thats what ya get!:dunno:
    wont get any bearings until monday late....we might have a couple of ticked off customers but hopefully the powers that be might learn a little something about preventative maintenance:popcorn:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    That's nothing.

Biking Trip Tip #1: Dead leaves, no matter how soft and bendable they APPEAR to be, will not hold together during the wiping process.
    ALWAYS bring something to wipe with when no green leaves are present.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    the bearings we needed where not in stock...which means the machine didnt get repaired..which means the bottles didnt get done..which means HAHAHA! thats what ya get!:dunno:
    wont get any bearings until monday late....we might have a couple of ticked off customers but hopefully the powers that be might learn a little something about preventative maintenance:popcorn:

Row, row, fight the powah!
    Next time your boss will know.
    Nothing to be done about it except PLAN AHEAD.
    I'm surprised you didn't mash some faces in, honestly.
    You're a far more reserved man than I.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    so I came home and made myself a good dinner. my version of gumbo with shrimp,scallops,in shell mussels and porta bella mushrooms with a side of crawfish and crunchy bread covered in fresh cracked pepper and pure olive oil.:rockwoot: and washed it all down with a Sam Adams Imperial white:patriot:

DSCI0186.jpg

now I need to find out if there is gonna be any empty slots on the line at tomorrows appleseed.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    WTF:nuts:? I was responding to the 'THE DUDE' reference that someone made earlier in the thread. You know from the movie The Big Lebowski, ever heard of it? New to the forum and didn't realize that I would have to explain every comment or risk getting a negative rep. :noway::noway:

The general attitude towards noobs is that they shouldn't post one-word posts (or "post whore") until either they have 50 "quality" posts or they become a site supporter.

The reason for this attitude is that we *do* get a lot of cases where somebody signs up on the forum just to participate in the Classifieds - which are a considered secondary function of this site. The main purpose of this site is for people who share a common interest to exchange information about various topics and have some fun. The Classifieds are there to give us a place to post things for sale to the people we're already all talking with. So when somebody shows up just to take advantage of that secondary feature, it ticks us off.

Obeying the 50-post rule (or becoming a site supporter) demonstrates to the existing members that the new member is here to contribute positively to our community, not to take advantage of our extras.

So, it isn't that you have to explain every comment, but you should show a little bit of restraint during the 50-post "probationary" period. In the scheme of things, waiting until after 50 posts before you start making neat quips or otherwise whoring posts is not that big of a deal.

Sorry you had to learn that the hard way, man. You should be fine from here on out, though! I'll give you some pos-rep to try to offset it, but I dunno how much good it'll do (my rep fu is still young).

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I tried to pos rep ya..but it seems I am out until tomorrow:dunno:
    I reviewed all the post you have made and it seems most all where quality post. it seems someone got a bit neg rep happy..being that you already have a red bar I assume a few gave you neg rep. come on guys! stop being so hard on the noobs..at least review their other post before sending the firing squad.:ingo:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    WTF:nuts:? I was responding to the 'THE DUDE' reference that someone made earlier in the thread. You know from the movie The Big Lebowski, ever heard of it? New to the forum and didn't realize that I would have to explain every comment or risk getting a negative rep. :noway::noway:

For the record, I never neg repped him. Just gave him the "noob speech". Sorry for that, but as this post says....

The general attitude towards noobs is that they shouldn't post one-word posts (or "post whore") until either they have 50 "quality" posts or they become a site supporter.

The reason for this attitude is that we *do* get a lot of cases where somebody signs up on the forum just to participate in the Classifieds - which are a considered secondary function of this site. The main purpose of this site is for people who share a common interest to exchange information about various topics and have some fun. The Classifieds are there to give us a place to post things for sale to the people we're already all talking with. So when somebody shows up just to take advantage of that secondary feature, it ticks us off.

Obeying the 50-post rule (or becoming a site supporter) demonstrates to the existing members that the new member is here to contribute positively to our community, not to take advantage of our extras.

So, it isn't that you have to explain every comment, but you should show a little bit of restraint during the 50-post "probationary" period. In the scheme of things, waiting until after 50 posts before you start making neat quips or otherwise whoring posts is not that big of a deal.

Sorry you had to learn that the hard way, man. You should be fine from here on out, though! I'll give you some pos-rep to try to offset it, but I dunno how much good it'll do (my rep fu is still young).

...we do get many, MANY people that post 50 posts in 20 minutes just to sell something. It's really very annoying and we've seen a 100% increase in this in the last couple weeks. It was amusing at first, but is now just pure annoying. I don't really AGREE with the rules, but they are what they are.

I reviewed all the post you have made and it seems most all where quality post. it seems someone got a bit neg rep happy..being that you already have a red bar I assume a few gave you neg rep. come on guys! stop being so hard on the noobs..at least review their other post before sending the firing squad.:ingo:

I normally do review, but it was a one word post that really had nothing to do with anything and I was too lazy to check posts. Plus I think there were only 2-3 posts when it was made. I don't remember. :dunno: My bad for jumping the gun. :ingo:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

We have had a rash of new poster's making one liners or one word posts to get to the classifieds, you got caught up in that, Look at the good side now you can post in the Neg rep thread, And sorry but I too did not get your reference to the dude post I think they were a few pages apart, but I did see that you have been here a few months not just days or hours, so don't take it personal, just got blamed for what the others have been doing!!! so it is best that you wait untill you get past post number 50 before you start the one word posts. :D and for those reading this it was not me that neg repped him. :D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009

Got him for ya!:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom