• Status
    Not open for further replies.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    thats good since itll be an HD gun...rifled barrels are for shooting sabot slugs. the smooth barrel is for shooting anything from bird shot to rifled slugs.
    if you shoot buck shot or bird shot out of a rifled barrel the shot will spin in the barrel and scatter as soon as it exits the muzzle.

Sweet.........I picked up some 00buck and some slugs. I even got some 3" 00, but I'm assuming that's overkill..:D

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Hmmm... our hallway is about 7 yards long or so. How big is a pattern of buckshot at that distance, even from an open cylinder bore?

10yrds and under you'll have a "pattern" that will be about the size of the bottom of a soda can. I still dont see a need for sights...then again Im a shotgun shooter and a traditional archery shooter I shoot by instinct.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    10yrds and under you'll have a "pattern" that will be about the size of the bottom of a soda can. I still dont see a need for sights...then again Im a shotgun shooter and a traditional archery shooter I shoot by instinct.

My boy's bedroom is up that hallway, between my bedroom door and the front door. Now, if someone gets to him before I get the gun and out the door, I think sights, or at least a bead, might be kind of useful if they are holding him between me and them.

Muddy_Ford

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Hartford City
    My boy's bedroom is up that hallway, between my bedroom door and the front door. Now, if someone gets to him before I get the gun and out the door, I think sights, or at least a bead, might be kind of useful if they are holding him between me and them.

Yup, that or rack it again to use a slug that you have in there for a follow up/vehicle disabling/well aimed shot.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east

Not a good situation for a shot gun!

I can't wait to let my 110# wife give it a go:):

Might not be a good Idea!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

I'm not saying your wrong,Joe.
    to each their own..if your more confident with sights then by all means use em!
    I'm very confident in my shooting ability with a shotgun with or without sights and no matter the situation. I guess it stems from my traditional archery back ground.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom