• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Cru, It seem like you can go buy stuff when you want to, so before you buy, when looking at 1911's make sure you look at more than just Kimber's or lower level SA's.

I'm not trying to bash Kimber in any way, I started out liking them too. Luckily you're in the right place to learn, and when you get serious about a 1911 check out this place 1911Forum - Powered by vBulletin. There's alot of good info on the 1911 and specialty sections for each brand individually.

:ingo:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Cru, It seem like you can go buy stuff when you want to, so before you buy, when looking at 1911's make sure you look at more than just Kimber's or lower level SA's.

I'm not trying to bash Kimber in any way, I started out liking them too. Luckily you're in the right place to learn, and when you get serious about a 1911 check out this place 1911Forum - Powered by vBulletin. There's alot of good info on the 1911 and specialty sections for each brand individually.

:ingo:

+meaningless rep when I reload!

I do want a 1911, because I want to round out my "collection" but I am not too serious, yet. thanks for the site, I'll check it out!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I've got to get my Post Per Day up... I need to get ahead of both IM AND SE...

we'll make it a new game. forget badges, PPD is the new way to prove how cool you are. ;)

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Yeah it may take some time, but it seems like the 1911 kinda creeps up on ya after a while and then SMACKS ya right in the face. (and wallet)

Then you're hopelessly :wwub:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My goal is to have every "category" of gun represented in my collection. But 1911s sure do look sexy.

My biggest "want" at the moment is this:
    FN_SCAR-L_(Standard).jpg

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I've yet to even own an AR , So that's high on my list. Had an AK but sold it to my buddy, I don't know which I want to buy first though, the ammo for the AK is surely far less expensive.

Oh and then I want a 44 mag and then a ...ah nevermind.:):

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    yeah that would be sweet!

Thanks to HandK I know carry with my safety off, and I'm considering getting a back up gun.

I like my dad's XDM, it holds 19+1 but it's just so big!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I've yet to even own an AR , So that's high on my list. Had an AK but sold it to my buddy, I don't know which I want to buy first though, the ammo for the AK is surely far less expensive.

I have kim convinced now that every time I have a birthday that is a caliber I get a gun in that caliber. I'll get a .44 mag in 13 years. LOL!

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

AR's are fun, but if you are like most, the initial cost of the gun is only going to be about 1/2 of what you will spend. When I upgrade to a SCAR, most of my accessories will transfer, and Kimmi can have the AR..

.223 isn't cheap to shoot, but prices are coming down. I think it's a fantastic round and fun to shoot.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    +meaningless rep when I reload!

I do want a 1911, because I want to round out my "collection" but I am not too serious, yet. thanks for the site, I'll check it out!

Well when you decide you want to get serious about getting infected with the 1911 bug, just let me know. You and I are close and you can shoot my 1911 anytime you want.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom