• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Doctor thinks my daughter has asthma. I call BS. She's had no problems up until she had whooping cough a few weeks ago. Now all of a sudden she has asthma? I don't believe it.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    What's your question? Does it have something to do with "quality posts" or the classifieds?

Not at all, has to deal more with this LTCH thing vs. CCW and handgun hunting.

Which one is better to get?

Just so that you know why I have some of these questions, I just moved to Indiana about 5 weeks ago. I still have 3 more weeks until I get my residency all in order.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

Just so that you know why I have some of these questions, I just moved to Indiana about 5 weeks ago. I still have 3 more weeks until I get my residency all in order.

Get the Lifetime LTCH, you can hunt with it, and carry for personal protection to.

In Indiana you can carry openly or concealed with a LTCH, but without one you can't even take your handguns off your property except to get them worked on.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

There is no CCW in Indiana. There are two types of LTCH (which means License To Carry Handguns.) Target/sport, and Personal Protection. There is little sense in wasting money on the Target/Sport. You only save a couple bucks, and gain several restrictions on how you can carry. The requirements to be issued the license are the same for both types of license.

With the personal protection license, you may carry either concealed or openly, and almost anywhere you wish. There are only a few specific exclusions.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    We have no CCW in Indiana, Lifetime LTCH is $125 I think.

I guess I was told wrongly then. Or is this LTCH something new within the last 5 years or so?

What really sucks right now is that I can not legally take my handguns to the range to go shoot them, if I am understanding that FAQ correctly.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

Oh, and there is no statutory requirement to reside here a minimum amount of time, such as two months. If you've established residency, can show a lease or mortgage or some such, you are legal to apply.

I do recommend you spend the extra $11 to apply online and have your fingerprinting done by L1. It will take a week or two to get your license in the mail, vs about three months if you do not use the L1 option.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Oh, and there is no statutory requirement to reside here a minimum amount of time, such as two months. If you've established residency, can show a lease or mortgage or some such, you are legal to apply.

I do recommend you spend the extra $11 to apply online and have your fingerprinting done by L1. It will take a week or two to get your license in the mail, vs about three months if you do not use the L1 option.

Thanks for the tip is the L1 deal where I have to go to a police station or some sort of place like it in order to get finger printed?

Rep incoming...

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thanks for the tip is the L1 deal where I have to go to a police station or some sort of place like it in order to get finger printed?

Rep incoming...

Either way you have to go get fingerprinted. L1 does it digitally (no jokes, please, about fingerprinting being an inherently digital activity.) When you apply online, you will get the option to use the L1 service, and will be stepped through selecting a place and time to get it done. If you opt not to pay the extra money for L1, you'll have to go to your local law enforcement folks to get it done the old fashioned way with ink and everything.

You can't give me rep.. you don't have enough posts LOL. But I appreciate the thought!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom