MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    and a bacon for 308jake

now for my fun night

first off did I tell you guys how much I HATE MICE!!!

2 nights ago, the cat was found playing with a mouse in a corner in the basement. She wouldn't kill it, just play with it.
    I killed it and took the carcass outside.

Tonight I hear the same squeal as the other night and I know it is a mouse. She has it trapped under the china cabinet. The dogs hear it and take off for it. Max catches it and runs outside with it in his mouth.
    I find another mouse carcass while I chased him, not knowing he had it in his mouth, I thought the carcass was the one they had chased. (silly me actually because it was only like 5 seconds between them taking off and finding the carcass)

So I scoop the carcass up, haul it out to the trash can and go see what the dogs are up. I hear the same squeal and the dogs are playing with something in the front yard. I yell at them, Max scoops it up and runs back in the house with it!!

I stop him just inside the dog door and he drops it in the house!! YIKES!!

It runs to a corner in our bedroom and tries to squeeze out this tiny hole from where the new flooring and trim isn't finished. The cat is there in a flash and tries to get it, well I was quicker with my broom and killed it myself. Scooped it up and took it to the trash outside.

Did I say I HATE MICE!!!

So now my question, can I stuff a rag or something in the hole to keep the mice from getting in until the flooring and trim are finished?

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    and a bacon for 308jake

now for my fun night

2 nights ago, the cat was found playing with a mouse in a corner in the basement. She wouldn't kill it, just play with it.

Tonight I hear the same squeal as the other night and I know it is a mouse. She has it trapped under the china cabinet. The dogs hear it and take off for it. Max catches it and runs outside with it in his mouth.
    I find another mouse carcass while I chased him, not knowing he had it in his mouth, I thought the carcass was the one they had chased. (silly me actually because it was only like 5 seconds between them taking off and finding the carcass)

So I scoop the carcass up, haul it out to the trash can and go see what the dogs are up. I hear the same squeal and the dogs are playing with something in the front yard. I yell at them, Max scoops it up and runs back in the house with it!!

It runs to a corner in our bedroom and tries to squeeze out this tiny hole from where the new flooring and trim isn't finished. The cat is there in a flash and tries to get it, well I was quicker with my broom and killed it myself. Scooped it up and took it to the trash outside.

Did I say I HATE MICE!!!

So now my question, can I stuff a rag or something in the hole to keep the mice from getting in until the flooring and trim are finished?

Something, anything!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    and a bacon for 308jake

now for my fun night

Did I say I HATE MICE!!!

Uhh....
    Yes Ma'am!
    Unless you enjoy the "thrill of the chase."

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Man I should have stayed home today!! Look what followed me home!!
    A Carbon Fiber Mossy Breacher 12 gage!! :D:rockwoot:

DSC05119.jpg

DSC05122.jpg

And the Magpul Moe candy is on my Colt!! :rockwoot:

DSC05123.jpg

DSC05126.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

Bumping this to this page just because I like looking at them!! :rockwoot: :D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    and a bacon for 308jak
    now for my fun night

Did I say I HATE MICE!!!

Rag won't work, mice will chew thru it, steel wool should hold them off for a few days

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    If you call screeching like a girl, jumping to a standing position on the sofa and screaming "Kill that ****ing thing" enjoying the thrill of the chase, then yep I sure do. :laugh:
    :D :laugh:
    On a serious note.
    Mice will chew a rag to get in.
    Try packing steel wool in the hole.
    They shouldn't chew on that.

Oops: SJ beat me to it.

Last edited:

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    :D :laugh:
    On a serious note.
    Mice will chew a rag to get in.
    Try packing steel wool in the hole.
    They shouldn't chew on that.

Oops: SJ beat be to it.

now off to find some steel wool. I am sure I have some somewhere in this house.

Did I say I hate mice?

My hips hurt now from the jumping up, jumping down, the running out to the back door, running in the front door and through the house to stop Max before he got in.

I'm to old for this ****

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Had a mouse scamper across floor while I was using bathroom yesterday. Worse part was that Maxwell, my golden, saw it too and just didn't care. He walked away in the opposite direction.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom