• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Well... I personally would wait a paycheck or so and buy something cheap.
    Maybe even a Makarov - no idea how reliable they are, but they're cheap and it'd be SOMETHING, you know? Selling, much less selling a beautiful, custom-built rifle... I'm sure you have options you haven't thought of yet.

Any old rare albums or junk you need to get rid of?
    I'm sure you can scrounge up enough for an LCP or Makarov :dunno:

I guess its not fair to say Im "pistoless" I still have a 38spl but thats a keep at home night stand gun for the wifey. I need/want a nice carry pistol. I was gonna wait until April since I get an extra check that month and buy an XD..but I was informed today that I need to use that for something else....savings {per wifeys instructions :rolleyes:} I like my rifle to much to get rid of it,so I dont think that will be an option...well maybe for a kimber or wilson combat 1911:)::D
    I can convert my rifle back to almost factory..with a volquartsen trigger and KIDD bolt and still have a very nice rifle. can sell the aftermarket stock{that Im not even using} Kidd trigger and barrel and make about $475-500 and that would be enough to buy and XDsc .40 or maybe even a G23:dunno:
    as far as rare albums or junk...I had lots of that stuff before I moved..I sold my record collection for $300 nothing uber rare but I had alot of good albums.
    as far as junk goes?...hmm..well I have some nice belt buckles that are worth a pretty penny but I tried to sell em before and noone wanted them.:dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I guess its not fair to say Im "pistoless" I still have a 38spl but thats a keep at home night stand gun for the wifey. I need/want a nice carry pistol. I was gonna wait until April since I get an extra check that month and buy an XD..but I was informed today that I need to use that for something else....savings {per wifeys instructions :rolleyes:} I like my rifle to much to get rid of it,so I dont think that will be an option...well maybe for a kimber or wilson combat 1911:)::D
    I can convert my rifle back to almost factory..with a volquartsen trigger and KIDD bolt and still have a very nice rifle. can sell the aftermarket stock{that Im not even using} Kidd trigger and barrel and make about $475-500 and that would be enough to buy and XDsc .40 or maybe even a G23:dunno:
    as far as rare albums or junk...I had lots of that stuff before I moved..I sold my record collection for $300 nothing uber rare but I had alot of good albums.
    as far as junk goes?...hmm..well I have some nice belt buckles that are worth a pretty penny but I tried to sell em before and noone wanted them.:dunno:

Well, hell. Limited options...
    I don't suppose sneakretly buying a pistol in April anyhow is an option, is it?

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I think you'd be pissed down the road if you sold off the Kidd trigger and barrel with everything else you've done with the 10/22

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Savings accounts can go away, just ask anyone that lived through the the Great Depression, Guns don't my savings account is in my gun safe, I have never lost money on a gun!! just my two cents worth!:D

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I think you'd be pissed down the road if you sold off the Kidd trigger and barrel with everything else you've done with the 10/22

this is true...like I said I dont think it'll ever be an option... I have blood,sweat and Jclarks poo in that rifle:): blood from me stapling my finger while shooting it,sweat from the heck of a time I had installing the bolt and Jclarks poo from when a round went off before it was chambered:laugh:
    I'll end up just holding out until I can buy what I want without having to give up anything to do so.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    :): no not really. she is rite..I do need to add to our savings when I can.

Yeah... agreed - but without a pistol to protect those savings - or, you know, you, who is able to make those savings - it's kind of a moot point.

If you get mugged or God forbid, worse - who is going to earn the savings then?

Explain things right and you'll never lose, man.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    keith's Pool Servce and Repair is gooood stuff!

:patriot:IndyK and his pops will make it all better:D

I care about handk

Im in the same boat. Im broke, but got a few thousand dollars of firearms in the tank.:D

Wow!! nothing like just popping and Trolling, changing your posts, and pretty much not making any sense!! don't know what your smoking there IndyK, but ya need to back off the pipe for awhile!!! :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Yeah... agreed - but without a pistol to protect those savings - or, you know, you, who is able to make those savings - it's kind of a moot point.

Now those are words to live by, That is a man that knows how to work the system!! +1 because I don't have any rep for the next 24 but I will hit ya then!!! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Now those are words to live by, That is a man that knows how to work the system!! +1 because I don't have any rep for the next 24 but I will hit ya then!!! :D

Thanks, but there's no need to do that, really... not trying to game the spousal system - I just try to look at worst-case scenarios... and from an OpSec standpoint... it just makes sense, if for no other reason than cold, calculating logic... add to that the emotional angst of a wife without a husband, a daughter without a father, and INGO without a RelicHound...

Well, it multiplies the sorrows... especially with the knowledge that that terrible and horrible outcome could easily have been prevented - so why not stave off that awful possibility?

So...yeah. Go Go Gadget Reasoning! (It's not terribly popular with some ladies, but the good ones do eventually accede to it. :):)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    With over 4200 posts, this has to rank as one of the longest on any firearm thread, if not most any threads!

Just had to add my zero cents. :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Thanks, but there's no need to do that, really... not trying to game the spousal system - I just try to look at worst-case scenarios... and from an OpSec standpoint... it just makes sense, if for no other reason than cold, calculating logic... add to that the emotional angst of a wife without a husband, a daughter without a father, and INGO without a RelicHound...

Well, it multiplies the sorrows... especially with the knowledge that that terrible and horrible outcome could easily have been prevented - so why not stave off that awful possibility?

So...yeah. Go Go Gadget Reasoning! (It's not terribly popular with some ladies, but the good ones do eventually accede to it. :):)

I totally agree it's good sound logic, :+1:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    With over 4200 posts, this has to rank as one of the longest on any firearm thread, if not most any threads!

Just had to add my zero cents. :D

Well have fun, Post away, Just don't troll, You might make a few good friends along the way. :D And No the Ban Hammer thread far surpassed this one in posts.:rockwoot:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN

I dont need a gun! dont you know who I am? I eat nails and poop hammers! Im the only protection I need:rockwoot:
    ok I need a pistol:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom