Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I let him shoot my rifle and he had a kaboom. round went off before completely chambered. luckily he had his safety glasses on cause they saved his eye I'm sure. we got it back together and I was leery about shooting it again but ran 60 rnds out of it after the kaboom and no issues. bullet got stuck in the barrel too...glad I checked that before trying to fire it again.

Wow!! Glad you guys are OK,

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Wow, glad everyone is OK. You really can't stress the importance of safety glasses enough.

What rifle was it?

my new $1k .22lr:laugh: I think I surprised Jim that I was more worried about him than the rifle:dunno: sounded like a dang cannon going off when she kaboomed. makes be kinda wonder if the parts in that gun wouldnt of been the quality they are if the damage would of been worse:dunno:
    luckily we found all the parts that came out and we where able to get it back together pretty quick. Im just thankful it wasnt a larger caliber and more so that Jim wasnt hurt..it looked like it put a nice gash in his safety glasses rite in front of his eye ball.
    WEAR THEM SAFETY GLASSES FOLKS!!!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Dang man... Sounds awful. Good experience, but still awful. Fortunately, I always have my safety glasses on. They're the, uh, special kind, you know? The ones that allow me to actually SEE. :D

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Dang man... Sounds awful. Good experience, but still awful. Fortunately, I always have my safety glasses on. They're the, uh, special kind, you know? The ones that allow me to actually SEE. :D

You can see Ryan???

I thought that when you look up the definition of "Blind" in the dictionary that your pic was next to the explan'n (best Ricky Ricardo voice).

:popcorn:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    my new $1k .22lr:laugh: I think I surprised Jim that I was more worried about him than the rifle:dunno: sounded like a dang cannon going off when she kaboomed. makes be kinda wonder if the parts in that gun wouldnt of been the quality they are if the damage would of been worse:dunno:
    luckily we found all the parts that came out and we where able to get it back together pretty quick. Im just thankful it wasnt a larger caliber and more so that Jim wasnt hurt..it looked like it put a nice gash in his safety glasses rite in front of his eye ball.

I say damn! Glad you're both all right!

Life blind is no picnic and without at least some form of at least limited sight, I would probably do myself in. Not having the ability to see a sunset, my lover's eyes, flowers, trees, beautiful guns... nope, it'd be REAL hard to keep on living after going blind now, having seen for two plus decades. Woo.

Do you know WHY it K-B'd OOB on you? I'm guessing ammo if you ran through another several dozen rounds after with no incidents, but... damn. Not good, man.

I guess we're going to have to call Jimbo the Indestructible Man now. :popcorn:

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I say damn! Glad you're both all right!

Life blind is no picnic and without at least some form of at least limited sight, I would probably do myself in. Not having the ability to see a sunset, my lover's eyes, flowers, trees, beautiful guns... nope, it'd be REAL hard to keep on living after going blind now, having seen for two plus decades. Woo.

Do you know WHY it K-B'd OOB on you? I'm guessing ammo if you ran through another several dozen rounds after with no incidents, but... damn. Not good, man.

I guess we're going to have to call Jimbo the Indestructible Man now. :popcorn:

yeah it was the ammo I'm sure..the rear off the case split open. I think it was a diameter problem and the bolt could push it far enough into the chamber:dunno: it was federal bulk ammo..it shoots well so Ill keep on shooting it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You can see Ryan???

I thought that when you look up the definition of "Blind" in the dictionary that your pic was next to the explan'n (best Ricky Ricardo voice).

:popcorn:

No, you'd see a picture of some guy playin with himself. Ok, well, maybe you're right. :laugh: Has it been 6 weeks from 2 weeks ago yet? :tantrum: Hysterectomy's SUCK. And not just for her either.

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well gonna let the cat of the bag....

Some of you might have caught it in a post or two around the 1st of Feb that I injured my lower back and shoulder.

Been on light duty since then, and have not shot anything at all. Back is fine now, was a severe lumbar strain that just tightens up when I stand in one spot, muscle relaxers and physical therapy has greatly helped that out.

The shoulder is a different story, still got the pain, range of motion above the shoulder and towards the back sucks. On Vicodine for pain and taking 1 1/2 at nights to sleep from the pain.

Friday the doc scheduled me for a MRI for this Tuesday (9th) and the physical therapist said this might be a labrum tear, but not for sure.

Well today I finally looked up what it was and they had a image of the location of where the tears are.

glenoid_labrum2.jpg

That's exactly where most of my pain is, with some to back and internally in the shoulder.

Not looking good right now and may have to resort to shooting rifles and handguns left handed for a bit because if surgery is needed, recovery time for normal activity is over 6 weeks and sport related ( I guess shooting can be lumped into this because of the strain)and specific training can be done although full fitness may take 3 or 4 months.

Guess I'll find out the diagnoses before the end of the week.
    Man turn 48 and start to fall apart, bummer.:stretcher:

SE you live close you can come buy and be my nurse for me......

Second thought, no don't want you , I want that Adult girl scout above in my cookie post. :D

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    And hearing protection. My friggin right ear is still ringing.
    Took my earplugs out for 5 min. of shooting....they were hurting my ears.
    You never know when something bad will happen.

Jim's quote of the day: uhhhh...I think something real bad just happened.

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Totally stabbed in the back by someone I care for today. BUT, the sun is out, the birds are chirping and it's a beautiful day. Not letting it get me down! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day! :) Enjoy this weather folks, we're in Indiana so it could always snow tomorrow. lol
    I'm still your friend.:D

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well gonna let the cat of the bag....

Some of you might have caught it in a post or two around the 1st of Feb that I injured my lower back and shoulder.

Been on light duty since then, and have not shot anything at all. Back is fine now, was a severe lumbar strain that just tightens up when I stand in one spot, muscle relaxers and physical therapy has greatly helped that out.

The shoulder is a different story, still got the pain, range of motion above the shoulder and towards the back sucks. On Vicodine for pain and taking 1 1/2 at nights to sleep from the pain.

Friday the doc scheduled me for a MRI for this Tuesday (9th) and the physical therapist said this might be a labrum tear, but not for sure.

Well today I finally looked up what it was and they had a image of the location of where the tears are.

glenoid_labrum2.jpg

That's exactly where most of my pain is, with some to back and internally in the shoulder.

Not looking good right now and may have to resort to shooting rifles and handguns left handed for a bit because if surgery is needed, recovery time for normal activity is over 6 weeks and sport related ( I guess shooting can be lumped into this because of the strain)and specific training can be done although full fitness may take 3 or 4 months.

Guess I'll find out the diagnoses before the end of the week.
    Man turn 48 and start to fall apart, bummer.:stretcher:

SE you live close you can come buy and be my nurse for me......

Second thought, no don't want you , I want that Adult girl scout above in my cookie post. :D

Damn man, sorry to hear about that. Surely you're getting disability pay though... :dunno:

You know, my wife is/was a CNA and worked in nursing homes.... Too bad she's SUPPOSE to be on bed rest til tuesday....

IndyBeerman

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Damn man, sorry to hear about that. Surely you're getting disability pay though... :dunno:

You know, my wife is/was a CNA and worked in nursing homes.... Too bad she's SUPPOSE to be on bed rest til tuesday....

I'm on light duty at work, still get full pay. If this would have happened off the job then it would have fallen under our short term disability policy that each employee has, problem with the is, it's 65% of normal pay.

2 years ago when I had eye surgery they put me on a 5lb limit with no bending at the wait for 5 weeks. I had 3 weeks PTO time so after I burnt thru that I was on Short term, and I'll tell ya what after taxes, insurance 401k and everything else is taken out, it's a meager check. Never realized that that extra 35% means A LOT!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom