Not open for further replies.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    -1 Harbor Bay Seafood

So my wife and I try the new Harbor Bay Seafood on the north side of Evansville tonight.
    (formerly Hollywood Bar ans Grill, Jacobs Pub going back to the Briarpatch when I was a kid. Anyway, any of you that have met me could guess that I take my food fairly seriously and in substantial quantities.

So we order our dinners. Shrimp Sandwich for me with fries and a side salad.

My wife orders the Jumbo Shrimp dinner with baked potato and a salad.

So the salad comes and the lettuce does not cover the bottom of the plate and had maybe a teaspoonful of dressing in the cup. My wifes was the same.

Our dinners come and I look at my wife's "jumbo" shrimp dinner. All you see was plate with a few small shrimp shaped specs on it.

I take the bun off the top of my sandwich. Five little bitty shrimp were lost on the bun. Seriously I took three bites. Two of them were all bread. No joke.

The waitress stops by and asked us how everything tasted. I complain about the quantity of the food. She comes back and says dessert will be on the house. I stated that we do not want dessert and I would like to speak to the manager.

She talks to the manager and comes back takes our bill $30 and returns. The main courses were removed but she was still charging for our cokes and side salad. I laugh and said I did not want a free meal I want to talk to the manager.

She said that was the manager. I said Ma'am nobody has been here yet.

I ended up asking three times.

When the manager came over I tried to explain my problem. He interrupted me and said "I took it off the bill"and started to leave.

I said again. "I do not want a free meal. I want you to listen to what I have to say" He begrudgingly listened and said sorry and walked away.

Keep in mind I am an easy going guy. I have not complained in a restaurant for years.

I paid my $7 bill. Left the waitress a full tip and walked out for the first an last time.

Now I am doing my duty and spreading the word just as marketing professionals say I will.

Happy customers may never say a word to anybody. Unhappy customers will tell everybody they know.

Rant over now! Thanks for listening.

BTW I left my mostly uneaten sandwich on the plate to make my point.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A couple years ago at Applebees I got the steak and shrimp. Steak was ordered medium rare. It came out well done. I sent it back. When it came back out, about half the shrimp had just the tails. I guess someone had eaten them or they mixed up returned orders. EIther way kind of gross.

OAK

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    TH
    How in the hell are y'all eating so good? Were in a Recession!

Monday:
    L: Mac and Cheese

Tuesday:
    L: Mac and Cheese
    S: Flavored noodles

Wednesday:
    L: egg cheese sandwich
    S: frozen fish from a box

Thursday:
    L: scrambled microwave eggs
    S: Subway sandwich

Friday:
    L: Mcnuggets, Angus snack crap

With that said, I'm placing my self up for adoption. I'm 25yrs old, does not smell (from what I can tell), I'm fairly entertaining, only take up 6ft and 1in, only needs one good meal per day, I can clean: guns and shine boots, play guitar, has the ability to stay awake 24+ hours, and I'm fairly hairless!

PM if interested!

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    -1 Harbor Bay Seafood

So my wife and I try the new Harbor Bay Seafood on the north side of Evansville tonight.
    (formerly Hollywood Bar ans Grill, Jacobs Pub going back to the Briarpatch when I was a kid. Anyway, any of you that have met me could guess that I take my food fairly seriously and in substantial quantities.

So we order our dinners. Shrimp Sandwich for me with fries and a side salad.

My wife orders the Jumbo Shrimp dinner with baked potato and a salad.

So the salad comes and the lettuce does not cover the bottom of the plate and had maybe a teaspoonful of dressing in the cup. My wifes was the same.

Our dinners come and I look at my wife's "jumbo" shrimp dinner. All you see was plate with a few small shrimp shaped specs on it.

I take the bun off the top of my sandwich. Five little bitty shrimp were lost on the bun. Seriously I took three bites. Two of them were all bread. No joke.

The waitress stops by and asked us how everything tasted. I complain about the quantity of the food. She comes back and says dessert will be on the house. I stated that we do not want dessert and I would like to speak to the manager.

She talks to the manager and comes back takes our bill $30 and returns. The main courses were removed but she was still charging for our cokes and side salad. I laugh and said I did not want a free meal I want to talk to the manager.

She said that was the manager. I said Ma'am nobody has been here yet.

I ended up asking three times.

When the manager came over I tried to explain my problem. He interrupted me and said "I took it off the bill"and started to leave.

I said again. "I do not want a free meal. I want you to listen to what I have to say" He begrudgingly listened and said sorry and walked away.

Keep in mind I am an easy going guy. I have not complained in a restaurant for years.

I paid my $7 bill. Left the waitress a full tip and walked out for the first an last time.

Now I am doing my duty and spreading the word just as marketing professionals say I will.

Happy customers may never say a word to anybody. Unhappy customers will tell everybody they know.

Rant over now! Thanks for listening.

BTW I left my mostly uneaten sandwich on the plate to make my point.

you need to do a google or yahoo search and when the "rate this ..." or what ever comes up...fill it out and leave your name. That's what I would do...

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    A couple years ago at Applebees I got the steak and shrimp. Steak was ordered medium rare. It came out well done. I sent it back. When it came back out, about half the shrimp had just the tails. I guess someone had eaten them or they mixed up returned orders. EIther way kind of gross.

No doubt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom