Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You're not over the line at all my friend! I agree with everything you said. And Susan does see (and feel) the stress that the boys are putting on us both. She's worried that she won't get to see them if he moves them to California. I've reassured her that she will be able to fly out whenever she wants, and with enough advance planning it's not that expensive. She was used to having to go out there at the drop of a hat when Amie was still alive, so of course tickets and lodging were all at a premium.

And I also agree that the boys deserve better than having two old grumpy people trying to raise them. They need someone that can be fully involved and engaged with them, and that takes someone younger than us. And boys should have their father in their lives.
    Yes. And I am sure the fear of loosing touch is heavy in her mind. It would be in mine.
    I have often wondered if we could step in and raise the terrorists if (God forbid) something happened to require this.
    All I can say is no. We could not especially now. And that hurts my heart mote than I can say.
    I pray this all finds the best ending for those boys. We no longer matter. Just them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morn'n mom, I tossed and turned most of the night. Hope you get a chance for a nap sometime today.
    I'll be at work from 7:30ish to at least 5:30. No naps there. Chaos was the description for yesterday. First day seeing patients in the new office. There was a crew there putting in the security system while we were open all day...drilling holes, using various power tools, etc. It was so noisy. We discovered the doors going to and from the reception area slam when people so we requested something be done to quiet them down. We had people wandering in the side doors instead of using the front entrance...that was interesting. The doors weren't locked due to the workers coming in and out with stuff and the doors are not yet labeled employee only, etc.

Today will probably be a lot more of the same sort of thing. I'm hoping by Monday, they are done with the majority of this stuff. We can't remember where we put supplies and go to look for things to find workers in the storage areas doing stuff.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes. And I am sure the fear of loosing touch is heavy in her mind. It would be in mine.
    I have often wondered if we could step in and raise the terrorists if (God forbid) something happened to require this.
    All I can say is no. We could not especially now. And that hurts my heart mote than I can say.
    I pray this all finds the best ending for those boys. We no longer matter. Just them.
    Mornin' CM! That's the reality of it. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not looking forward to going outside or the drive to work this morning. I packed my scrub pants and put on my warm leggings for the drive. Wore my scrubs yesterday and just about froze. We had been changing clothes at work since covid began, but it was decided that we can wear them back and forth again if we want. Working front desk where we aren't working on patients, it seems pretty silly to have to change at work. How is it okay to carry your scrubs in on hangers but not on your body? I don't get any contaminants on me to worry about dragging anything home on my scrubs.
    One of these restrictions makes much sense past CYA for law suits.
    Be safe out there today mom.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'll be at work from 7:30ish to at least 5:30. No naps there. Chaos was the description for yesterday. First day seeing patients in the new office. There was a crew there putting in the security system while we were open all day...drilling holes, using various power tools, etc. It was so noisy. We discovered the doors going to and from the reception area slam when people so we requested something be done to quiet them down. We had people wandering in the side doors instead of using the front entrance...that was interesting. The doors weren't locked due to the workers coming in and out with stuff and the doors are not yet labeled employee only, etc.

Today will probably be a lot more of the same sort of thing. I'm hoping by Monday, they are done with the majority of this stuff. We can't remember where we put supplies and go to look for things to find workers in the storage areas doing stuff.
    I hope it all settles down soon for you mom!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    One of these restrictions makes much sense past CYA for law suits.
    Be safe out there today mom.
    It makes sense for those with direct patient care duties and they continue to change and launder scrubs at work. I've been laundering mine at home and taking them back to change there as their dryer is very hot and shrinks my scrubs. I cannot afford them to shrink. :lmfao:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

Hope your day goes smoother than yesterday and you get to relax later.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    As stressful as it was being at the desk and fielding all sorts of questions, contacting people for things that weren't working right, etc., the girls in the back had it much worse. They were treating patients and dealing with similar things.

Our patients were all wonderful and took it in stride, knowing it was the first day in a brand new office that was 95% ready to go. Various delays that occurred were unforeseen and people understood that our current delivery issues and such were the reason things weren't fully in place. Promised dates were broken and plans were made around those dates with regard to when we could move in and start seeing patients. Some items are now on backorder until April...luckily it is things like exterior doors and the ones currently in place will have to do until those arrive. The old ones are not very energy efficient and look like crap, but they can be painted or something for now.

Some of the assistants were looking quite frazzled at the end of the day and I may have heard a few curse words as we were leaving. :runaway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As stressful as it was being at the desk and fielding all sorts of questions, contacting people for things that weren't working right, etc., the girls in the back had it much worse. They were treating patients and dealing with similar things.

Our patients were all wonderful and took it in stride, knowing it was the first day in a brand new office that was 95% ready to go. Various delays that occurred were unforeseen and people understood that our current delivery issues and such were the reason things weren't fully in place. Promised dates were broken and plans were made around those dates with regard to when we could move in and start seeing patients. Some items are now on backorder until April...luckily it is things like exterior doors and the ones currently in place will have to do until those arrive. The old ones are not very energy efficient and look like crap, but they can be painted or something for now.

Some of the assistants were looking quite frazzled at the end of the day and I may have heard a few curse words as we were leaving. :runaway:
    I can only imagine Mom.
    But with you at the helm it has to be going in the right direction.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I keep asking when the wine cooler will be installed and filled under the counter at the front desk. So far, we have not been given a delivery date. :lmfao:

We may have to stash something stronger in one of our drawers for emergencies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I better get going. I am going to need a little extra warm up time for the bus this morning.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom