The Official Status Update Thread #200 Let the thaw begin. Please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mom, I would like to know the story behind your new avatar.

My son's work....here is what he posted on FB to go with the photos.

For as long as I can remember, I've enjoyed drawing portraits of people. Not necessarily the traditionally forward-facing portrait, but one using the loosest meaning of the word. Last year, I painted my first anthropomorphic work and I haven't really looked back since. It stemmed because I really wanted to paint the dog, Klaus, but reeeally didn't want to just paint a dog on the wall. So I found a pose that I felt really represented his true nature, made a setting and color palette to match it, and the rest is history.
    I know many people do work with animal heads on human bodies, and though I don't know what their intentions with this are, here's mine:
    When I paint a particular person in a pose, I'm limiting the relatability of the audience. Whether it's the hair, eye, or skin color, someone is going to form more of a connection with a human portrait. It's the reason why I painted the girl in my one Istanbul mural without a head. Alternatively, I can (and do) replace that head with an animal that best fits the human being painted. This way, I can still depict the emotion and personality that I want, and it's left open for everyone else. Everyone will have their own thoughts on a dog, moose, fox, or goat, and it creates a whole new collection of responses to the subject matter beyond what I initially planned. New stories and interpretations

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I just updated the thread about his travels with several sketches and a few other paintings. I have been bad about my updates. He is updating his FB more often so I will try to do better.

I guess I will go out and play in the dirt a bit. It sounds like I am going to LaPorte with the hubby this afternoon. We have been invited for a fire and cocktails with our friends tonight so we'll see how long hubby is able to stay awake for that.

It is nice to see the sun today!

GG the cat appears to have claimed us. He/she is getting braver every day and loves a bowl of Fancy Feast in the morning. I'll be glad when we can catch it and get it to the vet. I don't know if it is a boy or girl, but we need to get that fixed so no babies appear. The left back leg is also not being used so that should probably be checked out.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It looks pretty healthy and isn't going away so I guess it is ours. I tried to sit on the bench a few feet away from the bowl this morning, but it wasn't going to come up to eat until I was back in the house. It was okay that I was by the door, but that door had to be between us. It no longer runs into the garage as soon as we walk out of the house though so that is progress.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    67* or 69* here (depending on what app I use)

convertible top down
    summer tires on

But here I sit "chatting" with Comcast online.
    Having to deal with ATT's bill going up. :wallbash:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom