• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I had to have a nice long talk with her about NOT climbing out the window. Not only is it a heck of a fall (we have high windows and are on a tall crawl space) but she could get kidnapped or something. You never know. That and the fact that now DCS is on us to make sure we aren't neglecting her or something lame like that

I know DCS is there to protect children, but it sounds like you're a good parent and don't need them to keep her safe. Is this the first time she's gone "overboard?"

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I know DCS is there to protect children, but it sounds like you're a good parent and don't need them to keep her safe. Is this the first time she's gone "overboard?"

Yes and I've never had to deal with DCS before. And I know they're just trying to make sure she's being cared for properly but I assure you she is. She happened to wake up before I did. And instead of waking me up or watching TV she decided to climb onto her sister's bed and go out the window. We've since moved the bed she climbed on. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Kids do weird things sometimes.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Yes and I've never had to deal with DCS before. And I know they're just trying to make sure she's being cared for properly but I assure you she is. She happened to wake up before I did. And instead of waking me up or watching TV she decided to climb onto her sister's bed and go out the window. We've since moved the bed she climbed on. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Kids do weird things sometimes.

Kids ARE weird. Like little aliens or something. I remember my middle son running on linoleum floors in socks. Are you kidding me?!?!?!? He slipped and hit his head on the fireplace hearth. Needed stitches. Should I have removed the flooring or socks? You pick.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Kids ARE weird. Like little aliens or something. I remember my middle son running on linoleum floors in socks. Are you kidding me?!?!?!? He slipped and hit his head on the fireplace hearth. Needed stitches. Should I have removed the flooring or socks? You pick.

Yeah they're little oddballs for sure. My kids do the weirdest things. My little one likes to take a drink from her sippy cup then spit it into a toy teapot....THEN drink it. Gross.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom