Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I try to take her every weekend. This past Thursday was the second anniversary of my father passing. They were together for 60 years. She is having a rough week.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I try to take her every weekend. This past Thursday was the second anniversary of my father passing. They were together for 60 years. She is having a rough week.

I'm sure. Nice of you to be aware and take extra care to keep her company. We've got to take care of our Moms.

My dad walked out on us when I was four. Had the divorce papers served to my mom during their 7th anniversary dinner party with all of their friends. She was totally blindsided.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Not today no. But I do have a killer recipe for scratch ones. Haven't made it since before my kitchen burned. Now that it's remodeled I should make it. And I now have an INGO mixer that I can use to do it!

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm sorry about both of your dads, Birds and RnR. It's been recent for both of you.

He's still with me. He never met my youngest (I was newly pregnant with her when he passed). I like to think that they talked to each other in heaven before she was born. Not sure if it happened or not but it helps me deal with the sudden loss. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. It was a shock but I know he's in a better place now

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks, I can't imagine being in your shoes. That is a really terrible thing.

Yeah, he was a jerk, but I think it's because he's a really self-centered person and just got frustrated. He had no business getting married and having a kid. We went on a family trip to Florida once when I was about 2, and on the way back, we stopped somewhere in Tennessee for gas and bathroom. Mom and I took too long in the bathroom, and it was messing with Dad's timetable, so he just left us there and went home. Mom had to call a friend to wire us some money so we could take a bus home.

We didn't speak for about 35 years, but I found him on Facebook about four years ago and contacted him. He's just sad, lonely old man. We stay in touch, and I see him once a year or so.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    He's still with me. He never met my youngest (I was newly pregnant with her when he passed). I like to think that they talked to each other in heaven before she was born. Not sure if it happened or not but it helps me deal with the sudden loss. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. It was a shock but I know he's in a better place now

I'm sure he is watching over her, and over all of you. <3

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, he was a jerk, but I think it's because he's a really self-centered person and just got frustrated. He had no business getting married and having a kid. We went on a family trip to Florida once when I was about 2, and on the way back, we stopped somewhere in Tennessee for gas and bathroom. Mom and I took too long in the bathroom, and it was messing with Dad's timetable, so he just left us there. Mom had to call a friend to wire us some money so we could take a bus home.

We didn't speak for about 35 years, but I found him on Facebook about four years ago and contacted him. He's just sad, lonely old man. We stay in touch, and I see him once a year or so.

Sounds like my sister's husband. Sad. Funny thing with him leaving her somewhere though: they were at the bar and when they decided to leave she was taking to long to say goodbye to her friends. So he left her. She started walking home but called her son to come pick her up. So halfway home her two teenage sons stop on the side of the road and pick her up. They didn't even pull away before they were pulled over by IMPD. Apparently since she was dressed for a night out at the bar the officer thought they were picking up a hooker :lmfao:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom