• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    So, because you don't agree with the stadium deal you can decide how much pro athletes can make:rolleyes: I'll say it again, I think you make too much money. You should have to continue to perform well and receive less money because I say so. Saying Nascar salaries are ok and NFL salaries aren't is hypocrisy, period.

my pay is performance based! the more the company makes the more I make. If the company losses money then I pay to got to work.

I never said how much they should make. I said their pay should be performance based.

A good or service is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Period end of discussion. Doesn't matter what that good or service is, throw a ball, drive a car, code a website, design a weapon system for the U.S. armed forces doesn't matter, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. IF someone wants to pay you, me, peyton manning, or who ever 28 million dollars to throw a football then by all means take it.

I also never said NASCAR salaries are ok. I said that football salaries should be mostly/solely performance base. I.E. you get paid to win!!!

Last year payton made $20 million to ride the bench.
    Peyton Manning nearing contract year | ProFootballTalk

while Last year tony Stewart won the NASCAR Championship and made just over $6.5 million
    NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings | NASCAR.COM

But that is a completely separate discussion.

Edit: Lets recall my statement that started this.
    They turn right to get out of the pits and when they drive on road courses. Also their pay is performance based. Win/finish higher and make more money. If NFL players got paid like that I bet the games would be played very differently.
    Where did I mention the amount of pay? $1 or a $100 million doesn't matter for my point of argument.

Last edited:

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Gonna go take a nap, pay some bills, do my farm chores early, cook a nice supper for my hubby who is down at the tornado clean up area and go to church tonight. It will be a good day. :D

I did. I was sick before I left, I was starting to get better and on the last full day of the cruise, I felt worse than ever. I went to the ER somewhere in GA and was told I didn't have pneumonia and now I go to the doc today and they said I absolutely have it.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    my pay is performance based! the more the company makes the more I make. If the company losses money then I pay to got to work.

I never said how much they should make. I said their pay should be performance based.

A good or service is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Period end of discussion. Doesn't matter what that good or service is, throw a ball, drive a car, code a website, design a weapon system for the U.S. armed forces doesn't matter, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. IF someone wants to pay you, me, peyton manning, or who ever 28 million dollars to throw a football then by all means take it.

I also never said NASCAR salaries are ok. I said that football salaries should be mostly/solely performance base. I.E. you get paid to win!!!

Last year payton made $20 million to ride the bench.
    Peyton Manning nearing contract year | ProFootballTalk

while Last year tony Stewart won the NASCAR Championship and made just over $6.5 million
    NASCAR Sprint Cup Standings | NASCAR.COM

But that is a completely separate discussion.

Fine, start a thread about it and cry there. Don't bash pro sports salaries when another PW brings up Peyton Manning. Some of us were talking and you came along with the ignorant comment about pay and running around throwing a football.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I did. I was sick before I left, I was starting to get better and on the last full day of the cruise, I felt worse than ever. I went to the ER somewhere in GA and was told I didn't have pneumonia and now I go to the doc today and they said I absolutely have it.

Well I hope you had some fun on the cuise. Sorry you are sick, Hope the medicine makes you feel better soon. You need some chicken soup :thumbsup:

Doc gave me to shots in the butt. I have an inhaler, steroids, more antibiotics and was told to wear pants.

The world hates me.

Pants are over-rated as long as you aren't going commando like JDbunchofnumbers. :D

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Fine, start a thread about it and cry there. Don't bash pro sports salaries when another PW brings up Peyton Manning. Some of us were talking and you came along with the ignorant comment about pay and running around throwing a football.

JD :chillout:

I got defensive because you kept trying to say I complained about how much he made. I could care less how much he makes. MY problem is with the colts as an organization. "The Fans" will love whoever they pick next to be there quarter back. you or any other person can love or hate whatever sport/s you choose for whatever reason. Peyton is just as greedy about money as Jim Irsay is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom