• ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    LOL .

any particular reason guys are changing divisions other than looking for a new challenge?

From my conversations, it's kind of like this:

Guy like me and Kirk have done about everything we wanted to do in revolver. I've made MA, won over 12 state and regional titles, earned 2 national class titles and beat Miculek (one course, but I'm counting it:laugh:). There's just not much more to accomplish except going for DM, and that just doesn't allure me. Kirk has done everything I have x2 and has earned DM.

Other guys have made EX in ESR or SSR and want to make 5 gun EX.

Others have found out that while wheelgunning looks fun, it's a whole lot harder to do than it looks. Then, it's a magnitude more harder to get to the point where you're actually competitive. In other words, you need to be committed and the price to pay just isn't worth it to them.

Of these groups, I suspect the last group are the only ones that won't be back to revolver. Probably after a year the rest of us will be, if not before.

If nothing else, we'll miss the commaraderie that you only get with other wheelgunners and that alone will bring us back.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    That's exactly what I was telling people "With this coupon I'm now only $2000 away from a gun I can't afford"
    laugh.gif
    I know, right? I clicked a few random pistols on their site and not one of them listed below like $3600... :spend:

With the new rules change aren't you already EX in all classes since your a master in one?

If I read correctly, you are correct, aside from it working separately for semi-auto divisions and revo divisions. So, no getting master in ESP and sandbagging as MM in SSP. :laugh:

9.5. Equity Promotion
    9.5.1. Due to the differences in the skills required to shoot a revolver versus a semi-automatic firearm, the
    Equity Promotion requirements are split into two firearm categories: semi-automatic and revolver.
    9.5.2. A shooter's highest and lowest Classification in a firearm category can only differ by one
    Classification level. When a shooter's highest classification in a firearm category increases, there may
    only be one level difference between the highest and lowest classification in that category. Divisions in
    which the shooter is Unclassified are also affected by this rule if the highest Classification attained is
    Marksman or above.

9.5.3. For example, if a shooter is promoted to Sharpshooter in a match or shoots a Sharpshooter class score
    in the Classifier and it is a new highest class, then that Classification is entered into the database.

Additionally, the shooter's Classifications in other Divisions within that category (semi-automatic or
    revolver) below Marksman will be promoted to Marksman in the database as well. When Expert becomes
    a shooter's new highest class, then any Classification below Sharpshooter will increase to Sharpshooter
    within that category.

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Awesome! Not bad for using a piece you'd never shot before!

if i did mine right I just eeked in under he EX mark lol like by .08 seconds or something lol but it was still an EX run!

You know, comparing my sheet with yours, I don't think I missed SS by too much. Two misses on stage 3 and the 3rd string of Stage 2, where I decided I was just going to shoot to slidelock and not bother reloading the second mag.
    I even remember standing there and having that eureka moment.. "Duh, I might want to finish this string instead of just standing here collecting time...". I bet that was a good 6-8 seconds at least. :rolleyes:

If nothing else, it's nice to come away feeling good about my score. Closer to the top of MM/SS than squeaking by at the bottom by a second or two.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You know, comparing my sheet with yours, I don't think I missed SS by too much. Two misses on stage 3 and the 3rd string of Stage 2, where I decided I was just going to shoot to slidelock and not bother reloading the second mag.
    I even remember standing there and having that eureka moment.. "Duh, I might want to finish this string instead of just standing here collecting time...". I bet that was a good 6-8 seconds at least. :rolleyes:

If nothing else, it's nice to come away feeling good about my score. Closer to the top of MM/SS than squeaking by at the bottom by a second or two.

your times were good and your hits solid. Those 2 misses hurt but that was a great run by itself...factor in you were using a gun you hadn't shot in a match before and I'd say you put up a helluva good score.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    With the new rules change aren't you already EX in all classes since your a master in one?

Don't know if you're talking to me or someone else, but if it's to me, no, being an ESR/MA only makes you an SSR/EX automatically if you classified AFTER the new rulebook came into effect. I classified MA before it took effect and have no valid classifications in any other division right now. I also have no real interest in being a 4 or 5 gun MA or EX.

Funny though, when I run ESP I'll have to put myself in ESP/MA for local matches until I get a classification:laugh:

A guy would need to make MA in CDP with a gun legal for ESP/SSP and ESR/MA to be at least EX in every division.

Last edited:

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Don't know if you're talking to me or someone else, but if it's to me, no, being an ESR/MA only makes you an SSR/EX automatically if you classified AFTER the new rulebook came into effect. I classified MA before it took effect and have no valid classifications in any other division right now. I also have no real interest in being a 4 or 5 gun MA or EX.

Funny though, when I run ESP I'll have to put myself in ESP/MA for local matches until I get a classification:laugh:

A guy would need to make MA in CDP with a gun legal for ESP/SSP and ESR/MA to be at least EX in every division.

Would it not work in reverse, say shoot MA in SSP with a glock and classify as MM in ESP and CDP with random pistols to still be eligible for EX equity in those later two divisions? I'm probably just over complicating it. :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Would it not work in reverse, say shoot MA in SSP with a glock and classify as MM in ESP and CDP with random pistols to still be eligible for EX equity in those later two divisions? I'm probably just over complicating it. :D

No, that wouldn't work. If a guy made SSP/MA he automatically makes EX in CDP and ESP, unless he was classified novice in those divisions.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Although I bet he was sweating the box check:laugh:

Right again!

Under the heading of life is just really weird, after all my worry and fuss and quadruple checking and magwell filing, it went lika dis:

The guy checks the first 8 or so shooters, DQ's 2 for boxie no fitty and a 3rd for using a mag release button. I know I should be ok but I'm nervous as a hooker in church. He looks at my gun and sez "oh, that is exactly like my rig, here is your gun, I don't need to check it".

I asked him to check it anyway (like the guy said in Dirty Harry, "I gotta know") and it dropped in with room to spare.

They had a hoity toity mahogany box that I'm guessing was made by a local craftsman.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Right again!

Under the heading of life is just really weird, after all my worry and fuss and quadruple checking and magwell filing, it went lika dis:

The guy checks the first 8 or so shooters, DQ's 2 for boxie no fitty and a 3rd for using a mag release button. I know I should be ok but I'm nervous as a hooker in church. He looks at my gun and sez "oh, that is exactly like my rig, here is your gun, I don't need to check it".

I asked him to check it anyway (like the guy said in Dirty Harry, "I gotta know") and it dropped in with room to spare.

They had a hoity toity mahogany box that I'm guessing was made by a local craftsman.

that is about the way it goes! I was sweating every bit of my gear at Sellersberg for no other reason that I figured if something would take me out it would be something that simple. Now you know and can move on with your life...until you get another gun and then start worrying if that will fit :D

I was checking out the scores and it looked like Don came away as the most accurate of the Southern Indiana Group. Will he get a bump to EX in CDP since he won his Class in Sellersberg?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    9.4.2. The winner of a class at a Sanctioned Match will be promoted to the next higher Classification if thatshooter beats nine shooters in that class or any higher class in that Division.

Not enough CDP folks at Sellersburgh for a bump. The sandbagging continues.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Oh, fast swingers.

They had 2 warp speed spooky fast swingers, one close and one maybe 15 yards ish. One of the guys noticed on the walk through that the ambush aiming point for one was directly in line with the base of a different target, so he popped the activator, aimed for the target base, shot when he saw the swinger coming and got a D 0. Neat trick to remember thought I.

I done good on the close one. On the far one I had my mongo major stupid mad at myself the rest of the match moment. Spray and pray, D 10, FTN, unnecessary reload. Smarter for next time will be, 1 shot ambush, wait, 1 shot ambush, the wait time was likely only about 0.5 seconds extra when you figure 0.2 seconds between shots anyway.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Right again!

:laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Oh, fast swingers.

They had 2 warp speed spooky fast swingers, one close and one maybe 15 yards ish. One of the guys noticed on the walk through that the ambush aiming point for one was directly in line with the base of a different target, so he popped the activator, aimed for the target base, shot when he saw the swinger coming and got a D 0. Neat trick to remember thought I.

I done good on the close one. On the far one I had my mongo major stupid mad at myself the rest of the match moment. Spray and pray, D 10, FTN, unnecessary reload. Smarter for next time will be, 1 shot ambush, wait, 1 shot ambush, the wait time was likely only about 0.5 seconds extra when you figure 0.2 seconds between shots anyway.

That does suck but at least you've got that in your toolbox now and it is an option that you'll think of next time. Those long distance movers hurt me at Sellersburg on the car stage. I thought I'd put enough rounds on them and it looks like I get a D0 D0 D1 on each of 1 shot but then proceeded to miss the 2nd shot on each target.

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Spray and pray, D 10, FTN, unnecessary reload. Smarter for next time will be, 1 shot ambush, wait, 1 shot ambush, the wait time was likely only about 0.5 seconds extra when you figure 0.2 seconds between shots anyway.

That sounds like my kinda tactics, you channeling me? :laugh:

Top Bottom