• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I love these. My son would kill for this.

I must say you have had some serious toys! I'm having a hard time moving on from this one. I purchased it new in 2002 and it's never seen snow and only rain once so it's pretty clean for a 13 year old. If I decide to move it I'll give you a heads up just in cas your son would be interested.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I must say you have had some serious toys! I'm having a hard time moving on from this one. I purchased it new in 2002 and it's never seen snow and only rain once so it's pretty clean for a 13 year old. If I decide to move it I'll give you a heads up just in cas your son would be interested.

The son just found and bought a 1996 Impala S/S in teal. Let me know as I have a lot of friends that share the insanity and you have a serious piece there.
    He has always loved those cars since I bought one (new) for his Mom.
    I have been a gear head as long as memory serves me. I wish all the pics my 1st "X" threw away were still in my possession.
    I did the exhaust and MAS on it. Had to take the ECM out to have it re-programmed as that was not something common in 96.
    Pic is in Orlando Florida when we were down for bike week. My Harley is chained to the wheel.....:)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've always wanted a 95-96 Impala SS in dark grey green metallic.... 94 only came in black, not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

That is the color of the boys S/S but I have always called it teal.
    The 96 was the best of the late rear wheel drive offerings.
    Better suspension/floor shift only/better torque and the brakes were better.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That is the color of the boys S/S but I have always called it teal.
    The 96 was the best of the late rear wheel drive offerings.
    Better suspension/floor shift only/better torque and the brakes were better.
    I've always liked the 95s the best because of the column shift. Perfect late model old man cruiser hot rod :). I also really like the Cadillac Fleetwoods of the same years....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The best answer is a swapped 6 speed. :naughty:

I need a moment alone boys........and a smoke.....

With the up-grades I did to ours it was amazing difference.
    Removed the top end power drop.
    Re-curved the fuel and rev. limiter.
    Shift points were re-curved as well.
    I can not imagine how much fun that car would be with a 6 speed.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Here is my wife's truck I am in the process of restoring. 2003 Chevy S10 with a galvanized body. Here the link to the build thread. 2003 Chevy S10 - FazdaTuning.com

file.php

And here is my car. Nothing too special. Just a 1993 Ford Probe. here is the build thread for it. Joe C's 1993 Probe GT Build - FazdaTuning.com

file.php

And the current view under the hood. It's currently filthy but I will be cleaning it up soon so I can take it to a few shows.

file.php

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Here is my wife's truck I am in the process of restoring. 2003 Chevy S10 with a galvanized body. Here the link to the build thread. 2003 Chevy S10 - FazdaTuning.com

file.php

And here is my car. Nothing too special. Just a 1993 Ford Probe. here is the build thread for it. Joe C's 1993 Probe GT Build - FazdaTuning.com

file.php

And the current view under the hood. It's currently filthy but I will be cleaning it up soon so I can take it to a few shows.

file.php

Hot Rod what you like or what you have.......:)

Most cool.

SkinNFluff

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Mauckport, Indiana
    Hot Rod what you like or what you have.......:)

Most cool.

Lately I have been stuck searching for brass pipe fittings to finish up redoing the air lines on the truck. I also just ordered 35' of 1awg battery cable for it. I will be happy when I get the truck done and out of my way so I can get back to working on my car. I have a cage and suicide doors just itching to be welded in the Probe. I have a long way to go with it and know that no matter what I will never win any popularity contests with it but I will just continue to follow my heart. For what I have invested in the car I could have bought something that other people would have liked better but I have just never found anything I enjoy driving as much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lately I have been stuck searching for brass pipe fittings to finish up redoing the air lines on the truck. I also just ordered 35' of 1awg battery cable for it. I will be happy when I get the truck done and out of my way so I can get back to working on my car. I have a cage and suicide doors just itching to be welded in the Probe. I have a long way to go with it and know that no matter what I will never win any popularity contests with it but I will just continue to follow my heart. For what I have invested in the car I could have bought something that other people would have liked better but I have just never found anything I enjoy driving as much.

Brother it is all about what you want.
    I may never be inclined to own a Probe but I will respect the work/effort/money invested.
    I have seen some tuner cars that would flat out haul the mail. Not my thing but man they make those little motors sing.........:)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Not hot rods, but a neighbor of mine is a "car guy". And a gun guy, too...

His daily driver is an early 90's white Caprice "woody" wagon. SPOTLESS inside and out.

He also has a frame-off fully restored 1963 Corvette Coupe. Black on black. Not exactly sure what engine/transmission combo is in there. SPOTLESS.

He has an OJ Simpson white Bronco. SPOTLESS.

And a couple of old dodge wagons. I think they're Dodges. Exact make and model elude me for now.

Dude has 6 garage bays on his house. They're all full.

I only have 5 garage bays. :(

ALSO: If anyone may be interested in a SPOTLESS 1996 Corvette convertible Collector Edition w/ 6 spd manual...let me know. ~24k miles. I can get you more information. (my dad's contemplating selling his)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Dude has 6 garage bays on his house. They're all full.

I only have 5 garage bays. :(

I only have two bays, but only one door will open, and I have a wonderful gravel driveway to lay on when I'm crawling under a vehicle.

Spent 4 hrs out there today with my son putting new brakes on the wife's van, but a good solid hr of that was searching for the tools I never put back up... Then there was that right rear rotor that was refusing to come off. Still better than lugging my toolbox down to the parking lot from the barracks on weekends.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So I sorta helped my son today. He had to do a job shadow, and if he shadowed me, it'd be cheating (cuz he spends much of his off school days helping us out at the shop). We got him a job shadow with a digital multimedia outfit more what he's interested in... at the Stutz bldg!

He got to see some pretty cool cars. His favorite though? The firetruck!

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ran across something pretty cool today. Have a customer with a 1940 Studebaker business coupe. When he discovered the tires were older than 1985 he thought it might be time to get some new ones.... Had them torn down for powder coat and I took the weights off. Had a little surprise. Never seen these before, but I take it they're old.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ran across something pretty cool today. Have a customer with a 1940 Studebaker business coupe. When he discovered the tires were older than 1985 he thought it might be time to get some new ones.... Had them torn down for powder coat and I took the weights off. Had a little surprise. Never seen these before, but I take it they're old.

Lead wheel weight.....:_):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom