Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Pulled front wheels at launch.
    Don't care what it sounds like when a street legal car with a warranty can do that I'm impressed.

Yeah but the sad part is it only takes a car built with the right front- rear weight percentage, something like 90/10 struts, soft rear shocks and @500hp to pull the front wheels...can do that for a lot less $$

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Must have been beaten by one too many Fords as a younger lad!!!:alcoholic: It's o.k., nobody wins 'em all!:rockwoot:
    I never have raced. Well, anyone that wasn't a friend while just screwing around... There are some Fords I really like, mostly full size stuff varying years thoughout the '60's.

Here's one I wouldn't hesitate to buy, if it had a title.
    https://eastnc.craigslist.org/cto/6085473030.html

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    In my youth I had a 1970 AMX 390 4 speed.
    Quite possibly the most unstable car ever the short wheelbase combined with lots of power made for some underwear changing moments!
    The car still exists somewhere around Jasper Indiana and is often seen at local shows.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Pulled front wheels at launch.
    Don't care what it sounds like when a street legal car with a warranty can do that I'm impressed.

That car was not in street trim. Look more closely. Skinny front runners are not factory.
    Watch the rear tires. Those things wrinkled up. Street tires do not act this way. The side walls are to stiff.
    It was also on a treated surface.
    These facts need to be shared. I can put a set of slicks on any number of street cars I know of and they will lift the wheels just like that.
    I have owned more than a few that would get the wheels. I have won some money jumping beer cans with a 64 Dodge Polara and doing throttle wheelies in my 79 Malibu wagon. Both stick cars.

No knock on 800 + horsepower. That is an amazing achievement. But that car was not as delivered in street trim.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    That car was not in street trim. Look more closely. Skinny front runners are not factory.
    Watch the rear tires. Those things wrinkled up. Street tires do not act this way. The side walls are to stiff.
    It was also on a treated surface.
    These facts need to be shared. I can put a set of slicks on any number of street cars I know of and they will lift the wheels just like that.
    I have owned more than a few that would get the wheels. I have won some money jumping beer cans with a 64 Dodge Polara and doing throttle wheelies in my 79 Malibu wagon. Both stick cars.

No knock on 800 + horsepower. That is an amazing achievement. But that car was not as delivered in street trim.

Yeah I saw the tire switch and treated track but so what?
    A NEW street legal car with a warranty that you could drive to California and back and change tires and from a standing launch pull the front wheels. Still impressive.

Yes lots of BUILT street cars can pull front wheels with the same tire change but how many of them have A/C and the comforts of a new car like the Demon?
    It doesn't take much to get wheels up if you are bumping the throttle especially in a stick car. I had a 68 Cougar that had 391 gears and auto. Had a built 302 that ran good for stock heads and block. Just a cam and intake change and headers.
    On street tires and thru the mufflers it was a mid 14 second car. I had 90/10 front shocks and a couple of well timed pumps on the throttle would lift the fronts 3 to 4 inches. Car was a show car and sounded healthy but wasn't fast but was fun.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    About the only thing about the Dodge Demon that is at all impressive is the 800 hp. But even that is only a small wow. Fact is Dodge widened a challenger, stripped out the back seat, passenger seat, made a number of performance upgrades, took it to a prep'd track and had a pro top fuel driver make passes in it. Sorry but that is how most of us build racecars. So it has a warranty...does it cover the car on the track with the crate full of performance parts on it? I don't know maybe. Not bashing your opinion, I just have a different perspective.

I will say this too, I think the recent surge in factory performance is cool. But let's be realistic most people have no business driving a car on the street with that kind of HP/torque.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom