Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    '87 was the first year for EFI on the GM trucks. I'd be fine with either, it won't stay stock anyway...

It states Throttle body EFI in the ad.
    Another plus. And all the front end work/trans rebuild.
    About the Trans. Why does a T-400 need rebuilt at those low miles. That one has seen some action or towed out past its GVW. T-400 are tanks.

Look at Mom45's truck. Perfect condition with less miles no dents no rust. Yes only 2WD but it is a sweety.

These are the questions I ask myself when looking at stuff.
    That Burb is $6K all day long.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I knew I had saved the pdf of the ad when we bought ours and I found it. I have no way to share a pdf here. They were asking $8,500 and had it listed for a while. Then, I saw it on another site listed for $6,900. There was some minor peeling paint and a couple of other things hubby found to use as negotiating factors. We had cash in hand and offered $5K. After some discussion, they accepted the offer.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It states Throttle body EFI in the ad.
    Another plus. And all the front end work/trans rebuild.
    About the Trans. Why does a T-400 need rebuilt at those low miles. That one has seen some action or towed out past its GVW. T-400 are tanks.

Look at Mom45's truck. Perfect condition with less miles no dents no rust. Yes only 2WD but it is a sweety.

These are the questions I ask myself when looking at stuff.
    That Burb is $6K all day long.
    See I look at all the work that's been done to it and figure he ain't that far off on price. Yes I wouldn't pay the asking, but he's not far off. Trans could be a number of things, hell it could be that it just sat for a long time. Have run across that before... I'd need and overdrive anyway... That truck has the look for me and just about everything that I'd want, that said I am not ready to make a purchase. Later this summer perhaps.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    See I look at all the work that's been done to it and figure he ain't that far off on price. Yes I wouldn't pay the asking, but he's not far off. Trans could be a number of things, hell it could be that it just sat for a long time. Have run across that before... I'd need and overdrive anyway... That truck has the look for me and just about everything that I'd want, that said I am not ready to make a purchase. Later this summer perhaps.

Oh I like it. Just being the devils advocate.
    OD in that rig would be stupid spendy. 4L80-E with transfer case.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh I like it. Just being the devils advocate.
    OD in that rig would be stupid spendy. 4L80-E with transfer case.
    I've got a really good trans guy, was gonna consult him on options. Don't know if a 700 could be built to handle it. Obviously won't be towing in OD, but the truck will have to be able to tow. Another option is a gearvendors.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    CM and my husband are about the same age. Hubby's been around FOREVER too. He has a hard time even thinking about paying some of the asking prices listed in ads. When I show him links you guys are posting, he just shakes his head and asks what he thinks I could get for his red truck. Way more than the $1200 he paid for it a few years ago. He has done a bit of work to it, but he got it for a steal!

downsized_0908141749.jpg

downsized_0908141750.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CM and my husband are about the same age. Hubby's been around FOREVER too. He has a hard time even thinking about paying some of the asking prices listed in ads. When I show him links you guys are posting, he just shakes his head and asks what he thinks I could get for his red truck. Way more than the $1200 he paid for it a few years ago. He has done a bit of work to it, but he got it for a steal!

downsized_0908141749.jpg

downsized_0908141750.jpg
    Having just sold a very similar truck last night, I know exactly what he could get for it. :):

Mine had some pretty sweet paperwork with it.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Having just sold a very similar truck last night, I know exactly what he could get for it. :):

Mine had some pretty sweet paperwork with it.

He replaced the rockers and cab corners and put on new door skins two summers ago. Replaced the metal around the rear wheel wells as well so there is no rust. The inside of the bed is not pretty as he uses it to haul his boat and junk to the junk yard, etc. This is his work truck so he didn't want to make it too pretty to use but it is solid again. The old '78 sitting in the barn is pretty rough...as in rockers hanging off and cab mounts/corners, etc. gone. It runs great so we drive it through the woods as our four wheeler. We don't take it on the road anymore, but my dad bought it new and we just use it for everything here...hauling firewood and such.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I got mine for $5K with 72K on it three years ago. Two wheel drive but in PERFECT condition...no rust anywhere.

DSC_1123.jpg

That's actually quite similar to the 89 I had except it was a GMC and had later model aluminum wheels on it. I used to tow my racecar all over OK, TX, KS and NE. I always towed in OD and never had a lick of trouble out of it although occasionally I would drop it into drive for the longer hills. Car, trailer, etc probably came in around 6k lbs.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That's actually quite similar to the 89 I had except it was a GMC and had later model aluminum wheels on it. I used to tow my racecar all over OK, TX, KS and NE. I always towed in OD and never had a lick of trouble out of it although occasionally I would drop it into drive for the longer hills. Car, trailer, etc probably came in around 6k lbs.

This one had the rally wheels on it when we bought it. We don't drive it in the winter, but hubby had to move it out of the garage that day to move his truck or something. She normally is not allowed to touch snow or ice :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom