• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I think it was Ed Pink years ago that said "Horsepower costs Money, how fast you want to Go?" The 405 claims to have the fastest "Street" cars. Where are the License Plates, Mufflers and D.O.T. Tires? Why do the Police show up when they Test, but never on Race Night? Its just another entertainment option on TV.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think it was Ed Pink years ago that said "Horsepower costs Money, how fast you want to Go?" The 405 claims to have the fastest "Street" cars. Where are the License Plates, Mufflers and D.O.T. Tires? Why do the Police show up when they Test, but never on Race Night? Its just another entertainment option on TV.

They have an access road that is shut down. The lights and trailers are more like a track venue. If you look at the 1st 100 ft it is preped.
    Yes it has grown into an entertainment thing.
    I think the cops showing up is staged as well.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The same could be said with power adders, back-halved cars, etc. etc.

Although I do enjoy watching them also, whatever happened to the days of ingenuity?

Not trying to be a prick but based on this logic then any car with modified suspensions (lowered or race inspired), or super charhed or turbo xharged shouldn't be on the street?? How about factory mod'd cars like a Shelby Mustang or Dodge Hellcat?? Those have crazy HP and are too often driven by people with just good credit and no experience with fast cars which is very dangerous.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Not trying to be a prick but based on this logic then any car with modified suspensions (lowered or race inspired), or super charhed or turbo xharged shouldn't be on the street?? How about factory mod'd cars like a Shelby Mustang or Dodge Hellcat?? Those have crazy HP and are too often driven by people with just good credit and no experience with fast cars which is very dangerous.
    We refer to them like this, "700hp car, 300hp driver".....

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Umm sorry but listen closer...they claim to have the fastest STREET RACED cars on the street. Fact is all those cars on their list are full on racecars. I know a few do have legit plates and and yes even mufflers (probably wouldn't meet any decibel req's) but they are there. Again these are street raced cars that only see limit street driving.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We refer to them like this, "700hp car, 300hp driver".....

Well said.
    Guy down the street has a super charged stang. He put pipes on it and man he is Ricky racer.

He let my son take him out for a ride in it. My son was raised in 3 peddle cars. He came by the house ringing the crap out of that Ford. When they got back the owner was a blithering ball of Poo. The boy scared him silly.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Well said.
    Guy down the street has a super charged stang. He put pipes on it and man he is Ricky racer.

He let my son take him out for a ride in it. My son was raised in 3 peddle cars. He came by the house ringing the crap out of that Ford. When they got back the owner was a blithering ball of Poo. The boy scared him silly.

That is AWESOME!! Some people get in deeper than thay have any business being

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom