• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Truck. Sorry it's a Thriftmaster 6... I was only a little kid when this one was built and only had a hand in it. I helped my father hang the doors when I was about 12 :):. It's only got about 200 miles on it since the restoration, been done about 10 years or so.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Truck. Sorry it's a Thriftmaster 6... I was only a little kid when this one was built and only had a hand in it. I helped my father hang the doors when I was about 12 :):. It's only got about 200 miles on it since the restoration, been done about 10 years or so.

This I like.....a lot.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I would love that Scrambler for a plow truck.

My tool box is a little big to be sweeping floors, but if the pay is right.

Is that a restro shop or a private collection?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    That warehouse looks like the place we got my suburban. It was one of Dr. Pacina's warehouses in Niles, MI. Apparently, he has about a dozen buildings full of old vehicles. And then he has others that house his boat collection. Poor dentist...

If you ever feel like taking the drive, this is always a GREAT place to see tons of cars...really nice ones.

Lane Automotive Car Show

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

:drool:

I have an unreasonable desire for a classic non-molested pickup. Love it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I would love that Scrambler for a plow truck.

My tool box is a little big to be sweeping floors, but if the pay is right.

Is that a restro shop or a private collection?
    Pay? What's that?

Restoration shop that started as a private collection/hobby shop. I've been here going on 6 years. Started out doing the owners friends cars, then word got around... Now we can't keep people from coming in... The hard part is, everybody wants top notch work, but nobody wants to pay for it....

The majority of the work we do is fixing prior "repairs".... We work slow, but nothing leaves unless it's right. Can only take in about 3-4 projects at a time and we are averaging about 1 compete resto every 18-24 months. Do a lot more mechanical work, my background is in body, but I do ok. Lately we've been getting a run of people wanting paint work done and since we operate out of a dealership, we get one stall in the body shop so we are limited to how much we can take on.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    :drool:

I have an unreasonable desire for a classic non-molested pickup. Love it.
    I like them all sorts of ways, but seeing them put back to stock is pretty cool. Not many people would take on the challenge. Given the cost to rebuild the original engines, I don't blame people for dropping in a crate v8...

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Or Yenko...
    25 years ago,I was running a 60 C10 thru the Alburn Auction,and a Yenko was in front of me.The owner dumped 5 gallons of fuel in it ran it in line to the auction block.The car started and stopped maybe 15 times in line,moved 50 foot at a time.Before he hit the block,it had sucked every drop,and we pushed it on the block,he fed it some more,and fired it up,revved the hell out of it,and the bidder croud went nuts.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    66 is getting a brake job. 2 piece calipers are leaking (imagine that....). Whoever restored the car saw it more important to only give the car front brakes, the rears are original.. Both rears were leaking and one front. They are getting stainless sleeves installed and rear rotors turned. The master was bone dry. Had to drill out the rivets to get the rear rotors off, what a PIA. On the plus side, I get to drive the car after to break them in! Haven't driven this one yet.

Oh this was also my first experience with knock off wheels...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom