• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    :): Actually because of this Roadrunner, I've become a fan. I always kind of liked them, but wouldn't dare say it out loud :). Attended my first Mopar Nats in Columbus 2 summers ago searching for parts for this car, it was work I didn't have any fun at all :whistle:. I had such a terrible time that I had to go back last summer. I think I'll have to go back this year....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    :): Actually because of this Roadrunner, I've become a fan. I always kind of liked them, but wouldn't dare say it out loud :). Attended my first Mopar Nats in Columbus 2 summers ago searching for parts for this car, it was work I didn't have any fun at all :whistle:. I had such a terrible time that I had to go back last summer. I think I'll have to go back this year....

The Charger is my first and only resto, people told me I'd be searching for parts and paying dearly when I found them.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    That shop is "work". Don't really have any pictures of it. I try my best to keep it clean and somewhat organized.

Are you hiring?:): Just don't ask me work on any Mopar.... (Wife had a 95 Jeep GC with the 318 :wallbash: )

The 1974 Chevy muscle Truck makes me think on my old 1975 C10 Custom Deluxe. It had a 350, Hooker headers, true duels with glass packs on it. When my wife and I were dating her dad came out and asked me to turn off the truck because it would raddle the house.:whistle: it was even primer gray with a red bed.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Are you hiring?:): Just don't ask me work on any Mopar.... (Wife had a 95 Jeep GC with the 318 :wallbash: )

The 1974 Chevy muscle Truck makes me think on my old 1975 C10 Custom Deluxe. It had a 350, Hooker headers, true duels with glass packs on it. When my wife and I were dating her dad came out and asked me to turn off the truck because it would raddle the house.:whistle: it was even primer gray with a red bed.
    My wifes father said turn it off,it is wrecking the TV.I had put on Belden Copper wires,and he could tell I was coming a 1/4 mile away.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I never posted any pictures of the current beasts. This first one is my dads, although I'm responsible for most of the wheel time. 1970 Lemans 350 2bbl 3 speed on the floor with bench seat and 4 wheel manual drums. Most fun car I've ever driven. Been in our family now since fall 2013 and has been on the road since summer 2014. Have put 10,000 miles on it since then. Made a daring trip with it 2 weeks after we got the original 126,000 mile at the time engine running and left for Wichita Kansas 6 hours after we put a new clutch in it. Made the whole round trip and only had the power steering belt come loose. Would drive this car anywhere. Have a 400 on a stand waiting to be rebuilt for it, the 350 is way past dog tired.

This is car is proof that they are meant to be driven. There are no excuses for not driving them. Showed up to a Pontiac show in Lousiville last summer and was getting the cars picture taken after registration, I overheard one guy say "you gotta be kidding me right?" I asked him how far he had to trailer his car to the show. :cool:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My hot rod. 1972 Grand Prix model J. 95% stock. Original paint. 400ci th400 factory Safe-T-Track 3:08 rear. Power steering, AC, power windows, AM/FM with 8-track, tilt... Way too many options for me, but it's badass and I like original. Just a hair under 80,000 miles now. I'm the second owner, it's never leaving me. Ever.

It needs work, but is a pretty solid car. I'll keep it mostly stock, will do a few upgrades to help with drivability. This will be my around town cruiser as well as long road trip car. Planning to take it cross country and where ever else I feel like. It's got a 26 gal fuel tank, should get me a little over 300 miles per tank. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom