• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just wanted to take a minute to showcase the only car my life won't be complete without owning someday. Just some badass versions of it that I'll never be able to afford.

My favorite "sleeper". Even though it's a fully built race car, still a sleeper considering the competition. Guess who won this race. :)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's a pretty damn cool car. Owner is an engineer and built the whole thing himself. One of the pickiest mother ****ers I've ever met, but a true car guy. Rack and pinion, 5 speed, 302, 4 wheel discs, lowered and exhaust exits right in front of the rear wheels. I told him it belonged on a road course.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    That's the kind of boring I'd take...

I had an '82 Mercury Capri with a 200 I-6 that was pretty quick once I built it up. I put the engine together while taking classes at IVY-Tech. I put on a 170 head to get the higher compression of the smaller combustion chamber with an Offenhouser manifold on it (3x one barrels) and a Comp Cams cam. There used to be a place called Clifford Performance that deals with straight six parts. I think a modified I-6 is an underrated engine. Very fun, and not what people expect when you pop the hood. Very unique sound too.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    This was my grandfather's daily driver in Arkansas until he died. It was semi restored about 6 years ago when the pictures were taken. My dad put a GM 350 crate motor in it for my grandfather back in '83, after we got it he put power steering and an automatic transmission in it. Nothing real special, just kind of a family heirloom. We still have the original bill of sale, owners manuals, and the build sheet is still on the glove box door.

UnLBGuu.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That's the kind of boring I'd take...

I had an '82 Mercury Capri with a 200 I-6 that was pretty quick once I built it up. I put the engine together while taking classes at IVY-Tech. I put on a 170 head to get the higher compression of the smaller combustion chamber with an Offenhouser manifold on it (3x one barrels) and a Comp Cams cam. There used to be a place called Clifford Performance that deals with straight six parts. I think a modified I-6 is an underrated engine. Very fun, and not what people expect when you pop the hood. Very unique sound too.
    I'm a huge fan of an I6 and love when people hot rod them, unfortunately the owners of this one want to keep it stock. It's slow, quiet and the automatic just ruins the whole experience.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    This was my grandfather's daily driver in Arkansas until he died. It was semi restored about 6 years ago when the pictures were taken. My dad put a GM 350 crate motor in it for my grandfather back in '83, after we got it he put power steering and an automatic transmission in it. Nothing real special, just kind of a family heirloom. We still have the original bill of sale, owners manuals, and the build sheet is still on the glove box door.

UnLBGuu.jpg

Is that a '67? I see no marker lights on the side so I am assuming it is, but just curious. Looks good.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    67 is also the only year for a small back window. I learned a lot about those trucks when we did my 72. Hardly any difference between the 71-72, but a trained eye can tell. The black paint in the grille is different and the 72 was the only year for that body style that had the rear view mirror glued to the windshield.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I would have to dig deep in the dresser where all the old pictures are stored but my other grandfather had a '71 that he bought brand new. It was a long bed as well with the 327 and 3 speed but had front disc brakes. 1967 was the first year that side marker lights were required but Chevrolet already had so many trucks on lots that they were allowed to wait until 68 to add the side marker lights ( that's the story I heard at least). My brother drove a 72 with a 68 doghouse that my dad built him. IMO these are the best looking trucks Chevy ever built.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A few pics of my 65 Biscayne 2 door post car.
    Arizona car. No rust dents. 70K on the clock when we pulled it out of the storage unit.
    $25K later and it was way too much fun.

Spring Nationals. I won my class at this race. Car went a best of 12.07 in a 12:00 class. That was our legal limit. Car ran a best of 11:80's on the motor through the pipes/air filter. Went better uncorked. Had issues hooking when I put the Nos to it.
    There is air under the left front in the pic.

The only real give away is the twin fuel pressure gauges on the cowel (1 for the engine and 1 for the Nos) the thin front runners, if you look the oil pan caan be seen and the coolers behind the grill.
    The untrained eyes of most street racers did not catch this

.060 over 350 Hi-Nickel 4 bolt thick deck block. Stroker crank put it at 391 C.I.'s.
    Dart Pro heads. 2.05 intakes.
    Full Comp. cams mechanical roller and valve train with a silent gear drive.
    13.5 pistons.
    Modified oil pump with external cooler.
    Much much more.
    630 at the crank on the engine.

The fun station. All the bracket electronics.

At the Good Guys the last time I ran both cars together.

I miss them both.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom