• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Not quite the hot Rod, but I do love me some Squarebodys.

My 1974 3/4 ton 2wd Scottsdale C20. Original 350 engine and 350 transmission.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Interesting color.
    It's [FONT=Conv_arial]Eastwood Malibu Sunset Metallic Orange.

The cab and front end was painted ten years ago. The bed was painted 6 years ago. The colors matched pretty good but over the years it has faded.

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Conv_arial]
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Except for the "Fiberglass" thing it will not be all that bad.
    I would take that on myself.
    I'm not too worried about it. Customer wants to go back to stock appearing, but make it a driver. Brake calipers need to be stainless sleeved, engine is a factory replacement after the original was stolen many years ago. We are not sure what HP rating this engine is. All the basic bones are there. The fiberglass thing is the only part I'm worried about, I've never worked with any :nailbite:.

All parts are available and all factory manuals and parts books will be ordered right way. Should be just like any other car, getting completely blown apart. Although it's been painted, it's not a very good job. Customer states he only wants to do this car once, he bought it from the original owner, his great uncle. ODO shows 17,XXX which is reported original.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's [FONT=Conv_arial]Eastwood Malibu Sunset Metallic Orange.

The cab and front end was painted ten years ago. The bed was painted 6 years ago. The colors matched pretty good but over the years it has faded.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Conv_arial]
    [/FONT]
    Funny how you don't notice how paint fades until you see it next to fresh. I'm curious, is that a base/clear or single stage?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    3 deuce 427's are "Supposed" to be 435 HP solid lifter
    I was under that impression too, I till I did some research. They had 5 different 427s in front of a manual transmission. Anywhere from 390hp-435hp. The big dog L88 was labeled 430hp with single 850 Holley, they have been dynod at 560hp. Talk about too much engine in a light car... They did make a 400hp tri power 427 also. We are not sure what this car was originally born with and the replacement engine has numbers that we cannot decode yet since it was a factory crate engine. We are hoping the parts catalog will tell us what engine we have.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was under that impression too, I till I did some research. They had 5 different 427s in front of a manual transmission. Anywhere from 390hp-435hp. The big dog L88 was labeled 430hp with single 850 Holley, they have been dynod at 560hp. Talk about too much engine in a light car... They did make a 400hp tri power 427 also. We are not sure what this car was originally born with and the replacement engine has numbers that we cannot decode yet since it was a factory crate engine. We are hoping the parts catalog will tell us what engine we have.

I am well aware of the peak HP these things are capable of. I helped run a chassis Dyno way the hell back in the day before computers.
    Yes....smart ass I am old............:):

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't have the time to spend under my hood "tuning". As long as it's got fluids in it, see ya later! Some guys like that stuff, I'll be over here like "wouldn't it just be easier to replace the engine rather than spend the time adjusting valves?" :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Evanlee11
    Top Bottom