Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is hard work.
    Arms and back are a little sore, by tomorrow everything will just be numb. I love this kind of work, I was practically born with a sanding block in hand ;). Have one more 1/4 to go, the rear casket door, hood and fenders. Gonna be nice to get it in paint, then we have a 70-72 elky coming in for a color change. Couple small jobs lined up in addition to a couple more all over paint jobs. Starting to pile up. :runaway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Arms and back are a little sore, by tomorrow everything will just be numb. I love this kind of work, I was practically born with a sanding block in hand ;). Have one more 1/4 to go, the rear casket door, hood and fenders. Gonna be nice to get it in paint, then we have a 70-72 elky coming in for a color change. Couple small jobs lined up in addition to a couple more all over paint jobs. Starting to pile up. :runaway:

This is a good thing yes.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This is a good thing yes.
    Absolutely. Closer and closer to not having to answer to anybody. I'm already enjoying making my own schedule. We were hanging outside the shop Sunday before I shot the clear, sitting around eating Fort Wayne's Famous Coney Island and I realized, this is the life! Such a free feeling...

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    True story..... We just got rid of ( the job was finished, customer paid the bill, and picked up the car) a 90's Grand Am that had no body control module. It came in because all of the brake lines were shot and some were leaking so it had no pedal. Tech ran all new lines, bled the system, and when he tried to start it, it wouldn't stay running. The customer said the car had been without the bcm for several years. Our guy who does all of the computer work on cars was lost as he could not find how you could get the car to run without the bcm so we had to get one from salvage yard.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True story..... We just got rid of ( the job was finished, customer paid the bill, and picked up the car) a 90's Grand Am that had no body control module. It came in because all of the brake lines were shot and some were leaking so it had no pedal. Tech ran all new lines, bled the system, and when he tried to start it, it wouldn't stay running. The customer said the car had been without the bcm for several years. Our guy who does all of the computer work on cars was lost as he could not find how you could get the car to run without the bcm so we had to get one from salvage yard.

I still struggle with the new stuff.........:scratch:

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    They have a problem with the passlock or security system and there are three work arounds for it. One involves cutting a wire while the engine is running to fool the system but when you eventually unhook the battery or it goes dead, the system quits working. The kid had been driving the car until the brakes failed. While running lines to the ABS module, the tech unhooked the battery and when he tried to start it, it would run the die. Another tech looking for what was wrong saw it had no BCM. They put one in, programmed it or whatever and the car runs.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Way cool. Love that 64 Tempest. Love that Javelin. The 67-8 white #63 Mustang with the orange stripe is cool. Didn't have time this morning to finish watching it, will later.

[video=youtube;PdqKEs18WuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdqKEs18WuI&feature=share[/video]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Way cool. Love that 64 Tempest. Love that Javelin. The 67-8 white #63 Mustang with the orange stripe is cool. Didn't have time this morning to finish watching it, will later.

[video=youtube;PdqKEs18WuI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdqKEs18WuI&feature=share[/video]

I loved these series. Great cars.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Wish I could stumble on something like this....

50s dirt track car

I'm willing to bet that there's still plenty of cool stuff waiting to be "found" out in some holler somewhere. I imagine that there's stuff stored all over various parts of the mountain ranges throughout this country.

Add: It would be really cool to find something like that for a project. This thread is a really fun/ interesting thread. Even though I don't have the means to do these types of projects at this time, it keeps me wanting to do it. It's a lot of fun watching the progress on the various projects you guys are working on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom