• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Been hearing rumor the last couple days that Jeg's has been sold to the parent company that owns Holley and MSD
    I had a terrible time with them on the 64 SS build. Terrible. I dropped them and went with summit. I was a loyal Jegs customer for many many years and built soooo many cars through them. With great results.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Selling a $1.2 mil item on Marketplace? Who knew that there is an audience for such things!
    It will not load for me tonight, but I am on a 7 day no post ban of the book of faces. I may have stretched my luck telling a suck butt lib piglet how I really felt about her vagina hat wearing ugly self. Yeah, I would have been banned from Ingo for that for sure. I can read but not post.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Now I really need to see this one.
    1646490407524.png

"Seller's Description 2002 Grand-Am Cup GSII Triple Crown Champion for Driver • Team • Manufacturer This 1995 Mustang Cobra "R" won the inaugural Grand-Am Cup Race. (GS Class)-Daytona Int'l Speedway Feb. 2, 2001. Top speed at Daytona 170mph. Race car fabricated, prepped, transported and crewed by Shreiner/Frederick Motorsports. Drivers: Hank Mountain of Olean, New York; Jeff Lapcevich of Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada & John Shreiner of Coolidge, Arizona. Crew Chief: Dave Frederick of Limestone, New York Crew: Marcie Cipriani (SVTOA former national director), David Frederick, Sr. Nathaniel Howe, Mike McCleary, Mike Pakoskey (I bought the car from him on August 05, 2007 in Northumberland, PA.), John Sandy, Eric Shreiner, & Tom Shreiner. 2002 season record: Event Date Finish Daytona Int'l. Speedway Feb. 01 1 st California Speedway March 24 3 rd Phoenix Int'l. Raceway April 20 8 th Watkins Glen June 22 1 st Virginia Int'l. Raceway June 29 1 st Mid-Ohio Aug. 10 1st Virginia Int'l. Raceway Aug. 31 13 th Mont-Tremblant Sept. 14 3 rd Mosport Int'l. Raceway Sept. 28 1 st Daytona Int'l. Speedway Nov. 09 3 rd Sponsors: Shelby American, Inc. Royal Purple Wilwood Brakes Steeda Snyder & Snyder Ford Racing Superchips, Inc. Beall I bought the car from Mike Pakoskey one of the crew members. I wanted it for track day events and to go racing in SCCA. In 2008 I had joined SCCA paid all the dues signed me and the car up. Prepped the car and was ready to go. It was entered in MID-AM Championship ITE class. I had asked for sponsorship from many companies. I did receive one. But unfortunately my SCCA involvement ended due to a job change. Which was ashame because back in 2005 I ran the Championship Enduro Series (long-track, endurostyle kart racing) WKA Sprint Lite & WKA Medium. I took 5 th place in both categories with only racing a partial season (three races). I did attend the Mid America Ford Meet in 2008, 2014 & 2015 which got to use the 1995 Cobra "R" on the track. Marcie Cipriani (SVTOA director) and Mike Pakoskey (I bought the car from him on August 05, 2007 in Northumberland, PA.), knows a lot more about the car. Tomas A. Shreiner : He was author of the "SVT Recognition Guide," as well as the "Fox Body Recognition Guide." His publishing company, T-5 Design, formed with graphic designer Marcie Cipriani, also created the colorful and packed-with-info SVT calendars each year. Tom had planned on branching out with other publications - T-5 was scheduled to publish the book on John Coletti and the development program behind the 2003-4 SVT Mustang Cobra Terminator - at the time of his death. This car won the triple crown in 2002 which is the last year this chassis was eligible for racing. The car's pedigree of driver's, owners and all involved reads like a Who's Who of the era IMSA / Grand Am / Sportscar / SCCA for these vehicles. What a car! Very historical sponsorship! The awesome people involved with the car! Been in a lot of magazines on the cover of a lot of magazines! ETC. ETC. ETC. Best offer over $1,200,000.00 Call [hidden information] or email [hidden information] When was the last time a Triple Crown Champion car was available to purchase with sponsorship from Shelby American, Inc. Ford Racing, Steeda, Royal Purple, Wilwood Brakes etc. It won twice at Daytona Int'l Speedway. I have been the care taker long enough. It is time for someone else to enjoy. A triple crown champion car sponsored by Shelby American, Inc. plus all the other historically important sponsors and people involved. The history of this car is just impeccable! This car has been in multiple magazines, on the cover of multiple magazines, TV coverage, beating everyone else etc. Partial trades considered: 2005 -2006 Ford GT, 2015 Shelby GT350, 1969 or 70 Shelby conv't, 1967 Shelby GT500 conv't, 1967 Shelby GT500 or GT350 fastback, 1966 Shelby GT350 conv't or fastback, 1965 Shelby GT350 "R" model, 1962-66 Cobra, Cobra Daytona Coupe, 1969 Boss 429, 1969 Mach 1, 1968 Cougar GTE, 1966 or 67 Fairlane "R" code plus cash Willing to take offers over $1,200,000.00"

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Been working on the convertible some and am quickly learning to decipher vendor instructions as to how to install their products for instance: "May have to bend transmission cooler line slightly for clearance" translates to: "With car on lift remove everything that is bolted to the chassis, disconnect the inaccessible brackets bolted to the side of the engine block, drain the transmission fluid, then using a 3/8 ratchet with 3 feet of extensions and 9 swivel joints carefully loosen the starter bolts,. . . . . . . ." Well, you get the picture. :lmfao:

But hey, it beats shoveling snow! :bacondance:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 185859

"Seller's Description 2002 Grand-Am Cup GSII Triple Crown Champion for Driver • Team • Manufacturer This 1995 Mustang Cobra "R" won the inaugural Grand-Am Cup Race. (GS Class)-Daytona Int'l Speedway Feb. 2, 2001. Top speed at Daytona 170mph. Race car fabricated, prepped, transported and crewed by Shreiner/Frederick Motorsports. Drivers: Hank Mountain of Olean, New York; Jeff Lapcevich of Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada & John Shreiner of Coolidge, Arizona. Crew Chief: Dave Frederick of Limestone, New York Crew: Marcie Cipriani (SVTOA former national director), David Frederick, Sr. Nathaniel Howe, Mike McCleary, Mike Pakoskey (I bought the car from him on August 05, 2007 in Northumberland, PA.), John Sandy, Eric Shreiner, & Tom Shreiner. 2002 season record: Event Date Finish Daytona Int'l. Speedway Feb. 01 1 st California Speedway March 24 3 rd Phoenix Int'l. Raceway April 20 8 th Watkins Glen June 22 1 st Virginia Int'l. Raceway June 29 1 st Mid-Ohio Aug. 10 1st Virginia Int'l. Raceway Aug. 31 13 th Mont-Tremblant Sept. 14 3 rd Mosport Int'l. Raceway Sept. 28 1 st Daytona Int'l. Speedway Nov. 09 3 rd Sponsors: Shelby American, Inc. Royal Purple Wilwood Brakes Steeda Snyder & Snyder Ford Racing Superchips, Inc. Beall I bought the car from Mike Pakoskey one of the crew members. I wanted it for track day events and to go racing in SCCA. In 2008 I had joined SCCA paid all the dues signed me and the car up. Prepped the car and was ready to go. It was entered in MID-AM Championship ITE class. I had asked for sponsorship from many companies. I did receive one. But unfortunately my SCCA involvement ended due to a job change. Which was ashame because back in 2005 I ran the Championship Enduro Series (long-track, endurostyle kart racing) WKA Sprint Lite & WKA Medium. I took 5 th place in both categories with only racing a partial season (three races). I did attend the Mid America Ford Meet in 2008, 2014 & 2015 which got to use the 1995 Cobra "R" on the track. Marcie Cipriani (SVTOA director) and Mike Pakoskey (I bought the car from him on August 05, 2007 in Northumberland, PA.), knows a lot more about the car. Tomas A. Shreiner : He was author of the "SVT Recognition Guide," as well as the "Fox Body Recognition Guide." His publishing company, T-5 Design, formed with graphic designer Marcie Cipriani, also created the colorful and packed-with-info SVT calendars each year. Tom had planned on branching out with other publications - T-5 was scheduled to publish the book on John Coletti and the development program behind the 2003-4 SVT Mustang Cobra Terminator - at the time of his death. This car won the triple crown in 2002 which is the last year this chassis was eligible for racing. The car's pedigree of driver's, owners and all involved reads like a Who's Who of the era IMSA / Grand Am / Sportscar / SCCA for these vehicles. What a car! Very historical sponsorship! The awesome people involved with the car! Been in a lot of magazines on the cover of a lot of magazines! ETC. ETC. ETC. Best offer over $1,200,000.00 Call [hidden information] or email [hidden information] When was the last time a Triple Crown Champion car was available to purchase with sponsorship from Shelby American, Inc. Ford Racing, Steeda, Royal Purple, Wilwood Brakes etc. It won twice at Daytona Int'l Speedway. I have been the care taker long enough. It is time for someone else to enjoy. A triple crown champion car sponsored by Shelby American, Inc. plus all the other historically important sponsors and people involved. The history of this car is just impeccable! This car has been in multiple magazines, on the cover of multiple magazines, TV coverage, beating everyone else etc. Partial trades considered: 2005 -2006 Ford GT, 2015 Shelby GT350, 1969 or 70 Shelby conv't, 1967 Shelby GT500 conv't, 1967 Shelby GT500 or GT350 fastback, 1966 Shelby GT350 conv't or fastback, 1965 Shelby GT350 "R" model, 1962-66 Cobra, Cobra Daytona Coupe, 1969 Boss 429, 1969 Mach 1, 1968 Cougar GTE, 1966 or 67 Fairlane "R" code plus cash Willing to take offers over $1,200,000.00"
    I still dont get it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK fellas I need some help.
    my SIL/daughter bought the magic bus from us (2004 Chevy 3500 custom van) a few years ago. The trans took a dump a couple of months ago. Van has 125K on the clock and is worth rebuilding the unit.
    Here is my dilemma. I have no more contacts in this world. Who to trust? Its a 4L-80 as its a 1 ton chassis. I believe the pump failed as it would make a whining noise when you 1st started it on a cold morning and it would stop as it warmed up. Not every time but I heard it.
    Any honest shops out there.
    He can get a Reman with a 5 year warr. in a few places for a fair price and there was a time we would install it but not anymore. Any shop you know that will do the swap...???

I am putting out some feelers as well but any leads will be greatly appreciated.

jeffsqartan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    No info on transmission builders, unfortunately.

Do have something else you guys will like, though. This was at a Diesel Mafia truck meet at 8 Seconds Saloon back in, I wanna say 2017. Driver was a buddy of mine.

Top Bottom