Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't know if I'd call 8s a drag car but I like it a lot. Needs a healthy 383 or some spray.

I have seen 8 second cars take the class week after week. Brackets is run what you brung. I got my but kicked driving my Biscayne by a freaking AMC 6 cylinder gremlin. I could not even tell you what he was dialed but I had to wait so long in the lights I screwed the pooch late on the tree and caught him at the stripe but he nosed me. All my buddys and the tower announcer beat me down over the gremlins "Hole Shot Win"
    I still catch some grief over this one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    View attachment 58519

Getting ready for a car show in Birdseye Indiana!

So far the wife has won 3 to my 0 this year?

I mean who likes a white car?

The Judges.

My 64 big block 3 peddle SS. Won class at the 500 world of wheels.
    Brilliant white.

tzeH038.jpg

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    CM thanks for the support you were supposed to be like "yeah white cars suck".

Everybody ohhs and ahhs over her car !

I think its because of the overbearing RED interior?

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I don't know if I'd call 8s a drag car but I like it a lot. Needs a healthy 383 or some spray.

Depends if it runs 8s in the 1/4 or 1/8th. If it runs single digits in the 1/4 I have no problem with someone calling it a drag car. If we're talking 8s in the 1/8...well that means they would time it with an hour glass or sun dial by 1/4 mile standards.

Last edited:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have seen 8 second cars take the class week after week. Brackets is run what you brung. I got my but kicked driving my Biscayne by a freaking AMC 6 cylinder gremlin. I could not even tell you what he was dialed but I had to wait so long in the lights I screwed the pooch late on the tree and caught him at the stripe but he nosed me. All my buddys and the tower announcer beat me down over the gremlins "Hole Shot Win"
    I still catch some grief over this one.

:lmfao: You got beat on a hole shot by an 6cyl Gremlin. I don't know if I would have admitted that

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You got that right! IF we keep the Galaxie the GF is really pushing for paint, I told her that a good basic paint job will be in the 5k range. Yes you can get it done cheaper but I'd like it done right and at least show nicely as long as we end up owning it and it's a BIG car that's going to take a lot of material.

IF?? Whatever. Suck it up, get some sockets and wrenches out and put together a plan to make it happen. Don't let a car beat you down. :stickpoke: put your big boy pants on...or borrow some pretty panties from the GF if you still wanna sell it. You dig the car too much to sell, you will be kicking yourself if you give up on her. She just needs some love...big ol galaxie girls need love too

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :lmfao: You got beat on a hole shot by an 6cyl Gremlin. I don't know if I would have admitted that

Yeah that was a rough one. 1st round red light and buy back only to get beat by a freaking Gremlin with a 6. It had to be the absolute slowest car in the park that day and he nosed me out on a hole shot.
    Some days it pays to just stay home....:):

Have to admit it is pretty funny.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yeah that was a rough one. 1st round red light and buy back only to get beat by a freaking Gremlin with a 6. It had to be the absolute slowest car in the park that day and he nosed me out on a hole shot.

You can only give up so many lights. We've all been there. Both sides of the tree.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

It is funny but that's why they run the race. Anybody can win.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    IF?? Whatever. Suck it up, get some sockets and wrenches out and put together a plan to make it happen. Don't let a car beat you down. :stickpoke: put your big boy pants on...or borrow some pretty panties from the GF if you still wanna sell it. You dig the car too much to sell, you will be kicking yourself if you give up on her. She just needs some love...big ol galaxie girls need love too

:crying:

:drama:

:faint:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom