Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I ordered the dash panel insert to hold the six piece Autometer gauge set from Classic Dash.

I placed the order a week ago and expected it to come in by this past Friday. I called them Friday to check on the order during my time sitting on the I-75 parking lot in KY. Yea sat for a total of 1.5 hours on the interstate due to two different accidents.

I told the guy that I was checking on my order since I never received a confirmation of my order via email. After about 10 minutes on hold (I had the time to kill sitting on I-75) he asked if I ordered from jegs or summit. I told him no I ordered it from you.
    He said he would call me back.

15 minutes later he called (I was still sitting in the same spot or maybe 50 ft further north) and said the dash panel would be to me this next Thursday. He said for some reason it's taking 10 business days to get to me from NV.

I told old him I wasn't happy about the two weeks to get a part that I paid $25 sipping for. I think the order was never put in the system and only got entered last Friday.

I am gathering up led lights, autometer led dimmer, switches and all parts to make the installation as smooth as possible.

Time is running if I'm taking it to the Fall Rod run Sept 7-9 in Pigeon Forge.

This is one of the downsides to ordering on line.

I buy a lot of stuff from 3 major parts places (guns). It always take 7 or more business days to get me a small package of parts. I do not pay for the fast shipping as it never works.

Now, I order some extremely heavy parts from Jegs. A ring and pinion set. The #3 posi-trac carrier and an install kit with bearings/seals/shims etc.
    This is a seriously heavy order. I place it at 2:30 A.M on a Wednesday. It is sitting at my door at 4:30 PM on Thursday. WTF. It was free shipping on top of that.

This shipping thing is getting pretty twisted up.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I can get into a 99-02 Camaro/Firebird for the same coin I have in my Mustang. The 4.6 Mod Motor is cool but it will never be a pushrod 5.7 LS.

Ford fell way short with that engine. do the math. What is it a 283 or close. They run. They live. They are a hoot with the right Mods.

OK my calculator says 285.66 CI

Freaking mouse motor. No pun intended.

Edit....correction....4.6 L = 280.71 CI

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom