• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    You guys got it all wrong. A nitrous motor will make power all the time, adding the spray is no different than firing up the laptop and ramping in more power on a turbo car or putting a smaller pulley on a supercharger. It's just a power adder like any other. Our motor pumps 1200+hp on motor only, turn on the spray and like moving the dots on a laptop screen, I got in the neighborhood of 2,000 hp to play with. It's no more cheating than bolting on a turbo or supercharger. You don't necessarily have to push a button, put it on an rpm switch and let it eat. If you are a NA purist, well then your option is...out cubic inch everybody else and hope the air is good

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    You guys got it all wrong. A nitrous motor will make power all the time, adding the spray is no different than firing up the laptop and ramping in more power on a turbo car or putting a smaller pulley on a supercharger. It's just a power adder like any other. Our motor pumps 1200+hp on motor only, turn on the spray and like moving the dots on a laptop screen, I got in the neighborhood of 2,000 hp to play with. It's no more cheating than bolting on a turbo or supercharger. You don't necessarily have to push a button, put it on an rpm switch and let it eat. If you are a NA purist, well then your option is...out cubic inch everybody else and hope the air is good

I'm sure you're right. Just not my thing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure you're right. Just not my thing.

OK. I can see some of you guys might not have attempted to run an honest 450+ HP small block on the street.
    Yes, they are just Ultra cool.
    Yes, they are stupid fast.
    Get caught in bumper to bumper on a seriously hot day and the fun factor drops of significantly. Especially with the fuel you have to run in an engine making these numbers. They tend to get really pissed off if you are not aggressively driving them. You know, the way they were intended to be driven.

Now pull a few ponys out of the equation and put some manners in the mix and you have a car that can be sported around with some balls that has a great exhaust note. When the time comes and you need a bigger set just nudge the switch to the on position......purge the line and get ready to rumble. How hard you rumble is of course up to you. It is fully adjustable and it aint rocket science.
    Believe me when I say I cab conjure up 600 ponys from a chevy stroker and yeah buddy it will run. But I have learned as I go. The engine I am putting in the Impala was in my 70 Camaro. It was a monster. For a small block. But for the street.......I will opt for the package I am building.
    450/480 cruising with up to 200 on tap. But I enjoy man handling an irritated pissed off head strong (oh crap, 2nd wife....sorry) engine.

Build-em as you like-em. Drive-em like you hate-em. Park-em like you stole it.

Truth is I saw an interesting set up at a shop last week that has me thinking. Dual plates. Staged up. 1st stage on an RPM module and the 2nd on demand. Interesting and yes I am batPoo crazy I guess.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I'm gonna have a fast car, I want it to be fast all the time. Just spraying at the track and then running it N/A on the street would be a big letdown to me.

I get that. But man once you go there it is something you will always want.
    Properly used it is no more destructive than any other engine mod. If nit used to stop the world from rotating it actually sub-cools the intake charge.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OK. I can see some of you guys might not have attempted to run an honest 450+ HP small block on the street.
    Yes, they are just Ultra cool.
    Yes, they are stupid fast.
    Get caught in bumper to bumper on a seriously hot day and the fun factor drops of significantly. Especially with the fuel you have to run in an engine making these numbers. They tend to get really pissed off if you are not aggressively driving them. You know, the way they were intended to be driven.

Now pull a few ponys out of the equation and put some manners in the mix and you have a car that can be sported around with some balls that has a great exhaust note. When the time comes and you need a bigger set just nudge the switch to the on position......purge the line and get ready to rumble. How hard you rumble is of course up to you. It is fully adjustable and it aint rocket science.
    Believe me when I say I can conjure up 600 ponys from a chevy stroker and yeah buddy it will run. But I have learned as I go. The engine I am putting in the Impala was in my 70 Camaro. It was a monster. For a small block. But for the street.......I will opt for the package I am building.
    450/480 cruising with up to 200 on tap. But I enjoy man handling an irritated pissed off head strong (oh crap, 2nd wife....sorry) engine.

Build-em as you like-em. Drive-em like you hate-em. Park-em like you stole it.

Truth is I saw an interesting set up at a shop last week that has me thinking. Dual plates. Staged up. 1st stage on an RPM module and the 2nd on demand. Interesting and yes I am batPoo crazy I guess.

Wish I could run 2 kits...most the chevy guys I race against get 2 kits....always trying to keep a Ford man down. Lol. Man you are already going to send millenials to their safe spaces and hurts their little snow flake feelings

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wish I could run 2 kits...most the chevy guys I race against get 2 kits....always trying to keep a Ford man down. Lol. Man you are already going to send millenials to their safe spaces and hurts their little snow flake feelings

I have the support system for 2 plates. Holley red pump stand along for the juice only. I would possibly need a larger than -3 supply line from the tank to the plates/purge.

Suddenly I am going to need more transmission.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have the support system for 2 plates. Holley red pump stand along for the juice only. I would possibly need a larger than -3 supply line from the tank to the plates/purge.

Suddenly I am going to need more transmission.

-3? Yeah, I would think a -4 or maybe a -6. I am sure a -6 would be more than sufficient. When we started out with 2 fogger kits on the other engine we had -6 supply hoses. Now that we are limited to one kit, we gotta make it count so we run a -8 supply hose up to a Y and the -6 to the solenoids

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    -3? Yeah, I would think a -4 or maybe a -6. I am sure a -6 would be more than sufficient. When we started out with 2 fogger kits on the other engine we had -6 supply hoses. Now that we are limited to one kit, we gotta make it count so we run a -8 supply hose up to a Y and the -6 to the solenoids

So you have been rules limited in a run what you brung heads up class....????
    Or is this a cubic inches thing.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Thing is I don't want to drive a fire breather every day!:faint: I'm lazy and like my air conditioning, I get in a mood to go thump I'll have (eventually again I hope) two different outlets for that desire. I don't want loud exhaust everywhere I go, I don't want to have to worry about the right gas for the engine, etc. and yes a bottle will be the best of both world until the bottle dries up. And hell everyone here knows that it's a package deal, thumpin' motor don't mean doodly w/o gears, torque convertor etc. So for me a factory packaged hot rod daily driver is just right. I've been enjoying the hell out of the M Sport BMW I bought last winter and it's only 300 horse!

It's kinda like bracket racing, roll up in a poser, cut a good light and even though the other guy is seriously faster you win??!! Roll up in your bottled hot rod and hit a button. . . .Ain't right. To each there own, I guess that's why I like sports car racing more than drags.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thing is I don't want to drive a fire breather every day!:faint: I'm lazy and like my air conditioning, I get in a mood to go thump I'll have (eventually again I hope) two different outlets for that desire. I don't want loud exhaust everywhere I go, I don't want to have to worry about the right gas for the engine, etc. and yes a bottle will be the best of both world until the bottle dries up. And hell everyone here knows that it's a package deal, thumpin' motor don't mean doodly w/o gears, torque convertor etc. So for me a factory packaged hot rod daily driver is just right. I've been enjoying the hell out of the M Sport BMW I bought last winter and it's only 300 horse!

It's kinda like bracket racing, roll up in a poser, cut a good light and even though the other guy is seriously faster you win??!! Roll up in your bottled hot rod and hit a button. . . .Ain't right. To each there own, I guess that's why I like sports car racing more than drags.

All good points and fits my description pretty well.
    Mustang owner down the street has a warmed up 4.6 3 peddle car. It ran pretty well actually. He put the juice to it. Just a 75 HP kit but man you can hear it when he pushes the button.
    Thing about all of this, personal perception of what is cool. The juice is an elective. Even if you are on the button/RPM module it will not flow if you are not WOT. There is a micro switch that prohibits it. If the little peddle is not firmly implanted in the carpet no go juice. I am putting a plate system on the guys Cutlass I just built the motor for. I feel pretty confident he will drain the tank showing off with the purge button. The streets will be safe.

Having 300 HP in a sweet driver is a hoot on any level. Especially one that will turn/stop. Going left and right takes a set of skills that many do not posses. I can do it I just am not Ricky Racer good at it. I can follow you anywhere but staying in front of you is the challenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom