Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh I'm just an autocrosser so it's pretty low key but I chose a class closest to GT1/Trans Am and fairly close in car prep rules so even though any form of racing is relatively expensive to say I chose the high side of the curve in money (relatively speaking of course) is pretty accurate. It's been at least 15 years since I've been behind the wheel and it seems like most of the hardware; tires, wheels, etc. have gone up in price in the 30-50 percent range. I once told the GF how much I had invested in a photo I've since loaded here in this thread somewhere and she was kind of shocked but she took it in stride. Her comment was that I wasn't get any of her money! Can't blame her there.

Theoretically I should be able to drive the thing around the block in another seven or eight thousand dollars.:ugh: The biggest chunk of that though will be in tires and wheels.

Well, from the look of it you will be a damned serious Autocrosser.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I'm I started this project around 20 years ago I wanted to take it up a level, unfortunately the the next level went up several levels, scope creep.set in and here I am.

Every project I ever do goes this way.
    I would love to see it when you get it done.

We ran an SCCA series in the early 70's that is similar to what you will be doing. They had 3 or 4 events at Raceway park during the season and damned if I can remember what they called it. You ran a slalom section that they set up on the staging area for the drag strip......came out of that and ran down the drag strip which is the straight for the road course. You made a lap through the twisty's and came back into the staging lanes back into the slalom. It was a blast to run.
    I ran the street non-mod class (yeah my 67 Vette is factory stock...:):) and was a lot faster than I ever was good.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Every project I ever do goes this way.
    I would love to see it when you get it done.

We ran an SCCA series in the early 70's that is similar to what you will be doing. They had 3 or 4 events at Raceway park during the season and damned if I can remember what they called it. You ran a slalom section that they set up on the staging area for the drag strip......came out of that and ran down the drag strip which is the straight for the road course. You made a lap through the twisty's and came back into the staging lanes back into the slalom. It was a blast to run.
    I ran the street non-mod class (yeah my 67 Vette is factory stock...:):) and was a lot faster than I ever was good.

I've managed to make quite a few laps at Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit , under the guise of "autocrossing" doing the same thing. Throw a few cones down for slaloms on the long straights to slow the faster cars down a little but we still managed to turn some decent lap times.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Well, he drove down here from lafayette and took a look at it.
    We shook up, and the deal is done.

I feel a little bit of sadness knowing my cars going away...
    but i know ill feel better when what im getting is in the garage.

the trade just makes sense for where im at in life, my lemans was just to far gone for me to handle right now. And i know this guy is going to do a killer job restoring it.

i went from basically having to build a car and interior to just headers and carb. And i get my 4 speed.

I think ill feel better after i let it settle for a few days

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Well, he drove down here from lafayette and took a look at it.
    We shook up, and the deal is done.

I feel a little bit of sadness knowing my cars going away...
    but i know ill feel better when what im getting is in the garage.

the trade just makes sense for where im at in life, my lemans was just to far gone for me to handle right now. And i know this guy is going to do a killer job restoring it.

i went from basically having to build a car and interior to just headers and carb. And i get my 4 speed.

I think ill feel better after i let it settle for a few days

Awesome! Love when a good deal goes through.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Vintage racing this weekend at IMS. I love the sounds & colors and will try to get out there again this weekend.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    CALLING ALL HOT RODDERS!!!!!

Rusty is on his way north from the Power Tour and I’ll be meeting up with him at the Suds in Greenwood for their Saturday night drive-in. He asked me to post it up here if anybody wants to/can show up. He’ll be up to Greenwood around 4:30. I told him that might be a tad early so if nobody’s there yet we might grab a bite to eat or something.

I know it’s impromptu but I’d love to meet some of the people that post in this thread regularly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Rusty is on his way north from the Power Tour and I’ll be meeting up with him at the Suds in Greenwood for their Saturday night drive-in. He asked me to post it up here if anybody wants to/can show up. He’ll be up to Greenwood around 4:30. I told him that might be a tad early so if nobody’s there yet we might grab a bite to eat or something.

I know it’s impromptu but I’d love to meet some of the people that post in this thread regularly.

Like I said in our text exchange......just no time today dang it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

430 isn't a tad early for the suds! If you haven't marked your territory by then you're a drive by! Damn I'm right in the middle of something so won't be able to swing by and say hi.:(

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Dang. It woulda been a good excuse to go check out some hotrods.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom