Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We finally moved the 64 out of the storage unit and it is at the same shop the cuddy is at.
    I had some mixed emotions when we pulled it out into the light. I will be getting deep into it. The body is coming up off the frame. It will be on full bore.

MJx7w6I.jpg

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Well is was a great birthday today. Yesterday I ordered my Lokar floor shifter from Summit at 5:00. I did the standard free shipping and around 12:00 this afternoon a FedEx truck delivered my shifter. I Got the Sniper kit all finished up and five minutes with the wizzard program the truck came to life. After it came up to temp I was able to set the idle.

Then I moved over to the shifter since it was still on jack stands.

I got the shifter and linkage removed from the column shift. Then had to pull off the truck to spend time with the family. Pizza King pizza, cupcakes and movie with my wife, daughter and grandkids.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It sucks that Indy really has no place to gather like this. Way too many idiots. Just way to many.

A friend of mine was telling me he was at a weekly gathering in Middlebury when a couple rice burners arrived and decided to do some donuts in the beautifully manicured lawn. His brother that is all tatted up went over and told them that they would be taking their cars home in mangled little pieces if they ever did that again.

Like you said CM way to many idiots.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    early 90's Ford 1 ton Dooley we put together out of Zores. I had a wrecked 88 with the 460 gas engine and all the HD stuff on it. Truck had 75K on the clock but she was tore up. We found a few fair 95's in the yard and started taking parts. 95 was the newest body parts that would fit it. Bought new grill and some bright work. It was a choo choo custom originally so the interior (full 4 door cab) was custom. I found an aero kit for it and the thing was pretty fair. 7.5 MPG. That was it. Running/towing/idling no matter. 7.5 MPG. Damn good thing it had dual tanks on it. Towing the race trailer to EdgeWater raceway sucked it dry on a turn around.

All of my experience with 460 dually's showed 10 mpg box stock. It didn't seem to bother them loaded or unloaded. Hell the E350 chassised 32' Winnebago we have gets 10 mpg. Needless to say, I only owned one GM to pull with but a bunch of 460's. At least Ford, or the era I was familiar with, put both tank fills on the same side. That damned chevy had to be turned around to fill due to the topper I had on it and you know how much fun that is in a crowded truck stop!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I’d bet a good chunk of change that that’s the Suds in Greenwood. I was there almost every Saturday night after high school. Lots of memories man.

It sucks that Indy really has no place to gather like this. Way too many idiots. Just way to many.

Hot Rod Magazine had it in their top 5 drive-ins in the country one time. Pretty cool.

You're money just double CP, that's definitely The Suds! It's gotten difficult to attend due to somebody putting a successful business across the street causing the loss of available parking. The parking looks like it's moving up into the bank parking lot though so hopefully it'll continue to be a tradition. If you want to park in close though you better be there by 3 though as those spots fill fast! We wanted to take the Galaxie up there last night but the front end is so in need of rebuild I'm a little nervous driving it. Next up on the list though!

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I think it’s funny that all of the Corvettes park next to each other kind’ve away from the main gathering. And you’ve got the big jacked-up trucks/diesel group. For the most part it’s stayed pure with a ton of classics.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I think it’s funny that all of the Corvettes park next to each other kind’ve away from the main gathering. And you’ve got the big jacked-up trucks/diesel group. For the most part it’s stayed pure with a ton of classics.

Yeah, I'm guessing one of them must have a tie to the business where they park. It might be entertaining if a bunch of ricers beat them to that spot and then watch the ensuing interaction!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom