Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Stopped at the shop to get the 64 in the "Q" today. They had the Cutlass outside waiting on transport to get the new top soon. Like the style or not this thing is sweet.
    YiVtKtf.jpg

SOlv4Wf.jpg

49rrRrL.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    We have one of these for motorcycles..? Ive put the lemans up for sale and i traded my old AR to a buddy for a motorcycle.

im pretty stoked on it. Its a complete motorcycle, just completely disassembled. I stripped it yesterday. Gonna be good times come fall.

IMG_8882.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was super hesitant, but the guys a friend and i looked at everything pretty close. Aso it came with duplicates, two engines, two sets of forks and assemblies. Newish tires. Looks like someone just lost interest

Again.......have fun. Thats the real challenge in basket builds. You will be missing something. Somewhere. Sometime.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I’m not sure if it counts as a “hot rod”, but it’s not stock. :)

Put new pipes on today. Got them for next to nothing because the heat shields need refinished. Just left them off for now.

[video=youtube_share;18dIDh2-ygY]http://youtu.be/18dIDh2-ygY[/video]

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Couple little things to clean up and tidy, but here she is!

sc5rer.jpg

2rw80np.jpg

Custom leather shift boot made by a friend while I stood there and watched today! That is also my original to the car Hurst shifter handle, I had to modify it slightly but it works perfect.

2dsk2er.jpg

I just realized thats the same fire extenguisher in the same location in my truck! lol

Also, I just gave up and ordered a set of cheap slapper bars. Overnighted from amazon for $60. Not the perfect solution but has to better than now. I can't roast off these Lexani LX20's with this much axle hop.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Has this effected the jetting. I can not remember what carb is on that bike.

It’s a Screamin’ Eagle breaded Mikuni HSR42. Going from drag pipes to these gave me back a very noticeable amount of low end of torque.

I talked to the guy where Shadow works ahead of time and he said as well as my bike runs with drag pipes, the jetting would be fine with the V&H.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It’s a Screamin’ Eagle breaded Mikuni HSR42. Going from drag pipes to these gave me back a very noticeable amount of low end of torque.

I talked to the guy where Shadow works ahead of time and he said as well as my bike runs with drag pipes, the jetting would be fine with the V&H.

I figured as much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Last night I cut down the exhaust. It couldn’t clear the rear axle. Now there’s turn downs before it.

Did it get louder in the cab. I did this on my 65 Biscayne and it rumbled your brains loose in the car. It was Uber cool but damn it was loud.
    I eventually had a custom pipe guy run them out the back. We modified the control arms on the rear end and it was hard to get the 2.5" pipes over the axle.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    So I couldn’t answer this until this morning. It’s not any louder but the sound is completely different. Like.... I got slightly aroused at how ****ing awesome it sounds. I mean this thing is gutless. It can’t make 150hp at the flywheel. But it sounds like it’s going to eat everything in sight. It’s probably not as bad as your biscuit because the passenger compartment doesn’t stretch out over it. That extra air space conducts a lot of sound.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nothing like a little bit of last minute thrashing hacking up the trans tunnel to get rid of some driveline vibration. Head out in a few hours. Meet up with my co pilot in Indy tonight and head to Kentucky in the morning!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom