• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think I heard one of them say they use the 400 but only 2nd and 3rd gears. The first gear is left completely out.

Found them. They're called Turbo-Glides.

2 SpeedRossler Transmissions Inc

Turbo glides and T400's have really become the big hitters inbthe heads up game. They have more gear set options than a glide so you can fine tune for the power band.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Question is do you gap the rings for nitrous even though it’ll probly never happen....

If you stay with the sniper plate (150) the end gap will not have to widened all that much if any at all. It is not like you are going to using a bottle or 2 a day but hey......maybe.

Gap is really important when you go orbital on the spray And I ran the same plate on stock rods just like your and beat the **** out of it with no rod related issues. Also standard gap. No worries.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Turbo glides and T400's have really become the big hitters inbthe heads up game. They have more gear set options than a glide so you can fine tune for the power band.

I looked up some stuff earlier and a pic of big chief sitting in the Crow popped up. 3 speed shifter standard shift patern. Not reversed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah I know it’s pretty straightforward. But then it’s also extra fuel pump, ignition controller, nitrous controller, O2 wideband sensor...

What in the hell have you been reading man. Stop it. Stop it now.....:runaway:
    WOT micro-switch. Turn on spray. Push small peddle to the floor engaging WOT Micro-switch. Wowza. Nothing else needed. NADA. Nothing.

1 Holley blue pump will run it and the engine no worries. What do we need that other crap for.
    You will need to run a bit larger fuel line. Not a big deal.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    WOT micro-switch. Turn on spray. Push small peddle to the floor engaging WOT Micro-switch. Wowza. Nothing else needed. NADA. Nothing.

1 Holley blue pump will run it and the engine no worries. What do we need that other crap for.

All that other crap just makes it too complicated. Especially for a small plate kit.

Heck we don't even run any O2 BS on our car. We do run a progressive controller but you don't need it unless you are spraying BIG amounts of juice

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

When we first started playing with the juice, we had 2 fogger kits. We ran the first kit to come on as soon as the trans brake was released on a WOT switch. The 2nd kit was on a simple timer. Just set the time delay and it would come in as long as you had it wide open. That was before we got limited to 1 kit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When we first started playing with the juice, we had 2 fogger kits. We ran the first kit to come on as soon as the trans brake was released on a WOT switch. The 2nd kit was on a simple timer. Just set the time delay and it would come in as long as you had it wide open. That was before we got limited to 1 kit.

When I was running the 150 kit in the Biscayne with the roller motor I had the system on an RPM switch that was engaged by the WOT kit. I could play with where it came on. It was a dial type. I could change it at will. All the noid/spray/shift switches where on the glove box cover. Just open it up and there they were.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    My quick-n-dirty calculations came up with about a $300 difference for good pistons, rod bolts, and main bolts compared to normal stuff.

Sounds like a reasonable amount for good insurance, just need to decide if I’m ever gonna spray it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom