Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    316 Poncho v8! 4 speed first gen hydromatic!

When I was a much younger man (19 or so) a friend bought a Poncho from that era with a bad trans. We tried to pull it laying on our backs with barely enough room. Holy mother of all things holy that damn thing weighed a solid metric ton. We could not get the replacement up into the car. We were sparsely equipped in those days. Had to borrow a floor jack, raise the car and get more help to get the trans on the jack and get it in.

A 316 was a big motor in the day.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When I was a much younger man (19 or so) a friend bought a Poncho from that era with a bad trans. We tried to pull it laying on our backs with barely enough room. Holy mother of all things holy that damn thing weighed a solid metric ton. We could not get the replacement up into the car. We were sparsely equipped in those days. Had to borrow a floor jack, raise the car and get more help to get the trans on the jack and get it in.

A 316 was a big motor in the day.
    Oh yeah, big ol cast iron pig! Haha! 316 ain’t bad, I’m interested to see what it feels like.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Well the BMW is back on the road, the Galaxie is back in the shop and I just got the bushings for the racecar back from the machine shop. I'm rapidly running out of excuses to avoid working on the projects. Maybe start dummying up the hydroboost for the Galaxie after all brakes CAN be useful at times!:laugh:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First time that I can remember that I’ve cruised Craigslist and there’s just nothing out there that I‘d give up my car for.

You have something fairly unique.

I watched Street Outlaws in the DVR from last night. Looks like Chief is #1 but that red camaro started shooting ducks about 300 feet and dropped 2.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have the same problem...it's a disease I just can't seem to shake off

I am in a corner waiting to see which way the spouses serious medical issue goes. There are 3 directions depending on what the Surgeons find when we get her healthy enough for them to go in and look.

Depending on the choice made I will be keeping and finishing my car albeit at a much slower rate. Or it will have to go.
    I have offers on it. The original owner is wearing me out wanting it back. We will see.

I can always live vicariously through CP and his Ventura.....:):

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I am in a corner waiting to see which way the spouses serious medical issue goes. There are 3 directions depending on what the Surgeons find when we get her healthy enough for them to go in and look.

Depending on the choice made I will be keeping and finishing my car albeit at a much slower rate. Or it will have to go.
    I have offers on it. The original owner is wearing me out wanting it back. We will see.

I can always live vicariously through CP and his Ventura.....:):

First, I will pray for you and your wife and I hope it all works out well.
    But, it sucks when life happens and the toys have to go.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    First, I will pray for you and your wife and I hope it all works out well.
    But, it sucks when life happens and the toys have to go.

It will not be the 1st time. I have had to sell some in the past to cover family needs when work was short.
    Suckage is, this was to be the last one. Age and revenue dictate things.
    My spouse comes absolutely 1st.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    It will not be the 1st time. I have had to sell some in the past to cover family needs when work was short.

I have done the same. A 56 Chevy sedan delivery, I miss the car but a man has to do what he has to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have done the same. A 56 Chevy sedan delivery, I miss the car but a man has to do what he has to do.

61 Chev. bubble top with a 396/T-400. Car was streetable just needed paint.
    69 camaro back half car with a sprint car iron block 410 tunnel rammed. 3 peddle car. 80% done.

My son was born, work slowed way down, no side line hustle, 1st wife slammed me with a support increase so she could quite work. Damn those were hard days.
    Both cars left with in days of each other.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Understood, family should come first. I hope that it will work out both for her health and you being able to finish your build and enjoy it with her and th g-kids

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom