Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He doesn’t listen. He wants to go fast, but if he keeps going the way he’s taking, he’s just gonna be breaking stuff.:):

Nah he will be just fine.......maybe...:):

The young man with the Olds was wanting big cubes. we did the research. Decided to stay with the 350 and spray it. Damn those old school big motors are spendy to find/buy/build.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nah he will be just fine.......maybe...:):

The young man with the Olds was wanting big cubes. we did the research. Decided to stay with the 350 and spray it. Damn those old school big motors are spendy to find/buy/build.
    Yes they are. I don’t want to put any old cast pieces in mine and it’s the same price to stay stock stroke vs big stroke when looking at forged rotating assemblies... Bigger is always better.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow a BBC build how exciting!
    Plenty of already built engines on Craigslist!

I do not buy someone elses build unless I know them. The reasons span time and space.....:oldwise:
    They are a crap shoot.

We are actually doing a 383. Not the WalMart version either.....:p

Building the puzzle to me is more than half the fun. The 1st time you spin it up and it takes a deep breath is most gratifying.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Went to PRI sHow. Quick tip: if you’re poor don’t go. I brought home lots of product catalogs

I had an opportunity to go but decided making a scene at the Comp Cams booth over their CRAP PRODUCTS and **** POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE weren't worth the price of admission (driving downtown, parking, walking, etc.)

Besides in this weather handcuffs probably chafe really bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had an opportunity to go but decided making a scene at the Comp Cams booth over their CRAP PRODUCTS and **** POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE weren't worth the price of admission (driving downtown, parking, walking, etc.)

Besides in this weather handcuffs probably chafe really bad.

Not sure I could have walked past their display either with the experience you had.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Seems Comp cams have fell from grace I personally have a friend who built a 389 for his 50,000 mile 65 GTO. Broke the cam in right used the right oil valve springs were mild. Cam went flat in less than 500 Miles yanked it out replaced with a Crane no issues.
    It seems the cheap Melling etc. cams are better than Comp now days.

CM talks of the joy of a newly built engine!
    Flashback to 1989 I had a nice 1985 Monte Carlo SS the 305 just wasn’t enough. I had a low mile 400 SBC I did complete rebuild mild cam ect. Dropped it in started right up sounded great tons of low end torque. Drove it a few days then knock knock knock !
    I had forgotten to tighten one rod cap.
    That was a lot of work pulling and replacing it twice lesson learned. I now check all bolts three times.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Happy happy boy. Now onto that quarter. Trying to get the bare metal sealed up because this will prolly have to sit outside a little this winter. Got the new radiator hoses and t-stat yesterday, gonna install those too.

wk5mk9.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom