Not open for further replies.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I have had the magic bus up against the limiter a few times running long distances. 3500 with the 6.0 in it.
    It was pretty stable at speed but no ladders on top to act like wings...:)

uhrcrnz.jpg

this tune won't defuel till 150.....but i won't be in it if it ever does.....:)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Our CC hits the limiter at 98. With the 3.23’s it’s turning 2600rpms with the converter locked. Just the little 4.8 but it has a plenty of power. Driveshaft is my limiting factor. Something about a 6’ long 4” aluminum tube spinning like mad and disintegrating has kept me from a tune. Hell it tows 5k lbs at 75 like a caddy just cruising the highway.

side note reshortened drive shaft should be back tomorrow. Yay!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Got a close look at the FILs 1985 vette he bought at an auction for $1,200. Sounds good and most everything works. 130k on the clock. Sounds like it's missing a cap to one of the U-Joints though. Putting it in drive and it's got a nasty clunk. I tried to get in it. Way too small for me.

I'll post pictures later.

He already sold it to someone else for a profit I guess.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Our CC hits the limiter at 98. With the 3.23’s it’s turning 2600rpms with the converter locked. Just the little 4.8 but it has a plenty of power. Driveshaft is my limiting factor. Something about a 6’ long 4” aluminum tube spinning like mad and disintegrating has kept me from a tune. Hell it tows 5k lbs at 75 like a caddy just cruising the highway.

side note reshortened drive shaft should be back tomorrow. Yay!

What brand drive shaft is it? We run a Mark Williams 4" aluminum shaft in the Tbird. I have no idea how the yokes are attached to the shaft. They call it a bonded shaft (no visible welds), but it is designed for pro mods and rated for 4k HP

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got a close look at the FILs 1985 vette he bought at an auction for $1,200. Sounds good and most everything works. 130k on the clock. Sounds like it's missing a cap to one of the U-Joints though. Putting it in drive and it's got a nasty clunk. I tried to get in it. Way too small for me.

I'll post pictures later.

He already sold it to someone else for a profit I guess.

Good on him.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    What brand drive shaft is it? We run a Mark Williams 4" aluminum shaft in the Tbird. I have no idea how the yokes are attached to the shaft. They call it a bonded shaft (no visible welds), but it is designed for pro mods and rated for 4k HP

Stock GM shaft for the 2006 crew cab, super short bed two wheel drive. It's loooooonnnnnggggg and have a habit of exploderating around 100-110mph. The one I got shortened is for the '78. Reg cab short bed and it's a two piece shaft. Two short pieces. Especially now that the tremec is in there instead of the stupid small SM465

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Buddy picked up a 72 charger today. unmolested. what do they call that color? baby poop? SE package with a 400. neat car.
    i'm still staring at a vette frame. but the framer is starting on the garage addition next weekend... :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good friend of mine has a 67 coupe. Bought it new before he went to Vietnam. Still has the original paint. Super cool.:yesway:

My Unicorn car. If I am ever rich (:lmfao) I will find and buy a 1967 coupe in green/white stinger. Side pipes and rally's.
    Oh, and a for real 427/425/3 duece BB chevy.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    His is that burgundy color with black interior. Real sharp. Not sure what engine package is in it.

As to the looks of that car it is the best vette ever save for the one I worked on for the Hendricks racing effort in IMSA.
    Google Hendrick IMSA corvette. Depending on which site you land on I may be in some of the pics.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    New series of Street Outlaws starts tonight. Looking forward to having some good entertainment on tv again. Next week is PRI too. I enjoy the holidays, but once its over I will start going into racing season withdrawls. Is it almost racing season yet?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    New series of Street Outlaws starts tonight. Looking forward to having some good entertainment on tv again. Next week is PRI too. I enjoy the holidays, but once its over I will start going into racing season withdrawls. Is it almost racing season yet?

I know it's a TV show but I enjoy the racing. Looks like they will be airing episodes they shot at big races like the big Bristol No-prep and a few others.

I've listened to Chief and Shawns podcast about the Bristol no prep. "We've got to take the no prep off the starting line and put it back down at the 200 ft mark." It was pretty funny.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I know it's a TV show but I enjoy the racing. Looks like they will be airing episodes they shot at big races like the big Bristol No-prep and a few others.

I've listened to Chief and Shawns podcast about the Bristol no prep. "We've got to take the no prep off the starting line and put it back down at the 200 ft mark." It was pretty funny.

I know its a tv show and some of the antics (farmtruck & azn type stuff) are planned and used as filler. But, I can state as a matter of fact the racing and all the drama involved with carrying out a race is 100% real. I know several people who have been/ will be on the show this season. We were invited to be on the show, but honestly we have never run our car on the street and have never raced in a no prep event. So we don't want to go and show our butts like fools. Also, when this season wraps up keep your eye out for the SO's Memphis...yep JJ daboss got a contract & they have wrapped up taping of their first season. Taping potential episodes for a 2nd season if it is a success.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I know its a tv show and some of the antics (farmtruck & azn type stuff) are planned and used as filler. But, I can state as a matter of fact the racing and all the drama involved with carrying out a race is 100% real. I know several people who have been/ will be on the show this season. We were invited to be on the show, but honestly we have never run our car on the street and have never raced in a no prep event. So we don't want to go and show our butts like fools. Also, when this season wraps up keep your eye out for the SO's Memphis...yep JJ daboss got a contract & they have wrapped up taping of their first season. Taping potential episodes for a 2nd season if it is a success.

Glad JJ got the show. New Orleans was plain pitiful.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom