• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That is way too much for both cars. The Imp and the horse.

Obviously, I would rather have the Mustang. But I agree they are both a bit pricey. So many people out there just trying to make big bucks flipping cars...and Barret Jackson, have people thinking their stuff is worth more than it really is. Yet, at the same time if you want to sell something they practically want you to give it away. They act like they are doing you a favor to take it off your hands.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obviously, I would rather have the Mustang. But I agree they are both a bit pricey. So many people out there just trying to make big bucks flipping cars...and Barret Jackson, have people thinking their stuff is worth more than it really is. Yet, at the same time if you want to sell something they practically want you to give it away. They act like they are doing you a favor to take it off your hands.

The seller for the Imp is a pro. Read the bottom. He "Does not need any help selling"
    This is not his 1st or second rodeo.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    No **** s*($& story buddie responds to a firebird ad on the Craigslist thinks it’s scam or stupid.
    1968 Firebird 400 convertible 3 speed manual in nice shape considering it had been in a barn since 1977
    Price $2500 he talks him down to $1500.
    Then burns the car to the ground with a carb fire a week later.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ok I'm going a little off topic here. Ok so I am an Automotive Tech by trade. But, does anyone else have family that expects you to change your plans or drop whatever you have going on to fix their car every time there is a problem?
    So my SIL's mini van overheated last night on 465 (on east side). She didn't notice until she saw steam while in traffic. Then she kept driving it down to Emerson & Thompson before she pulled over. She was going to pick up her neice so she didn't want to stop. So the kids genius dad pops the radiator cap off and of course hot coolant goes everywhere (all over said genius as well). So they let it cool off, drive it over to Autozone and added 1.5 gallons on coolant and water and she drives it home staying on city streets but it never overheated again. Now somehow, I am expected to..1- go look at it, 2- they will want me to try to find parts for it (been down this road before and obsolete parts have been an issue), and 3- will ask me...can you fix it. Now, nevermind I don't have room in the garage for it so I have to work on it in their driveway @ 75yds away from the garage and the weather is going to be crappy. My brother has to work so I have no gofor to assist and will no doubt be working for free. I really don't mind helping, especially family but dang, I'm not a miracle worker.
    Sorry had to vent. Carry on

Edit- does anyone else have a FLEET of family members cars you are expected to help maintain?

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Ok I'm going a little off topic here. Ok so I am an Automotive Tech by trade. But, does anyone else have family that expects you to change your plans or drop whatever you have going on to fix their car every time there is a problem?
    So my SIL's mini van overheated last night on 465 (on east side). She didn't notice until she saw steam while in traffic. Then she kept driving it down to Emerson & Thompson before she pulled over. She was going to pick up her neice so she didn't want to stop. So the kids genius dad pops the radiator cap off and of course hot coolant goes everywhere (all over said genius as well). So they let it cool off, drive it over to Autozone and added 1.5 gallons on coolant and water and she drives it home staying on city streets but it never overheated again. Now somehow, I am expected to..1- go look at it, 2- they will want me to try to find parts for it (been down this road before and obsolete parts have been an issue), and 3- will ask me...can you fix it. Now, nevermind I don't have room in the garage for it so I have to work on it in their driveway @ 75yds away from the garage and the weather is going to be crappy. My brother has to work so I have no gofor to assist and will no doubt be working for free. I really don't mind helping, especially family but dang, I'm not a miracle worker.

Edit- does anyone else have a FLEET of family members cars you are expected to help maintain?

Currently my Dad fills that roll for my sister and mother. I have a feeling they will be coming to me for these types of situations in the near future. My brother can afford to take his stuff in to be fixed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I used to be you. A few in the family that were not very motivated and owned junk they expected to run on demand to where ever they were going. Yes it was irritating. I have some story's.

Add to this I am an HVAC tech by trade. Yeah I was the go to guy until I literally had to fire my family.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Currently my Dad fills that roll for my sister and mother. I have a feeling they will be coming to me for these types of situations in the near future. My brother can afford to take his stuff in to be fixed.

Yup. 2 sisters and 1 brother. Wore me down. They never listened or followed advice to help their situations.
    My dad was almost as bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom