• Status
    Not open for further replies.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Anybody ever done the lost title song and dance?

"No title" cars are called parts cars but even then be leery and have documentation and confirmation on sellers ID, you don't want the SD to show up at your address with a search warrant looking into a possible chop shop operation one morning. I've witnessed that and it was quite entertaining from the observers point of view, the subject of the search warrant however wasn't having near as much fun with it as I was.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    TBI truck engines will be 2-bolt one piece rear main seal engines. The heads are absolutely atrocious and the cam is tiny.

Im still trying to keep a eye out for s super cheap donor shirt block to build over time. Hey does anyone want a flex fan? Or an edelbrock 600 carb? These things are clogging up my garage. Super cheap at tennis point.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    TBI truck engines will be 2-bolt one piece rear main seal engines. The heads are absolutely atrocious and the cam is tiny.

Im still trying to keep a eye out for s super cheap donor shirt block to build over time. Hey does anyone want a flex fan? Or an edelbrock 600 carb? These things are clogging up my garage. Super cheap at tennis point.

I bought a Nova SS years ago and it had a 396 HP in it. HP cast marks on the front of the block and rear as well. 2 bolt mains. It's probably sitting at my old shop still. That was probably 25 years ago.
    Oh, nice body on the real Nova SS. I paid like $800 for it. Bad clutch. Wouldn't pull out of the drive way.

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    Finally had time to look at the 318 block. Casting number is 4387530-31828. Best I can tell, that's a late 80s car or truck. Oh well, was hoping it was an older one. Sorta wanted it to be from the "muscle era". LOL.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Finally had time to look at the 318 block. Casting number is 4387530-31828. Best I can tell, that's a late 80s car or truck. Oh well, was hoping it was an older one. Sorta wanted it to be from the "muscle era". LOL.

You wouldn't get much from any 318 without a few extra bucks and some greasy nails. 64 and 65 had a 318 Wedge Y block 4bbl that was a little hotter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom