• ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

This part was hilarious;

The flurry of contracts overshadowed a few culture clashes along the way, including the “coverup” in Rome of statues deemed too immodest for the Iranian guests. One Italian complained of “cultural submission,” and in France, a lunch meeting was scuttled when the local party refused to give up their beloved wine at the table.

I do like though how our big concern being that they'll spend the money on nefarious activities that might destabilize the middle east...while daesh rides around in American humvees and shouldering M - 16s

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I do like though how our big concern being that they'll spend the money on nefarious activities that might destabilize the middle east...while daesh rides around in American humvees and shouldering M - 16s

I see it as a both/and problem, not an either/or.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    During the "negotiations" for the deal I kept getting the feeling that the administration didn't really care what the deal was as long as there was a deal. I really suspect that he doesn't really care whether or not Iran has nukes or not. He just wanted to get them off our ****list whether or not they earned being there.
    This is kinda what I've been saying. He doesn't care how crappy of a deal it was. He just wanted history to show that his administration made a deal when others could not.

It was a deal made just for the sake of saying that they made a deal.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This is kinda what I've been saying. He doesn't care how crappy of a deal it was. He just wanted history to show that his administration made a deal when others could not.

It was a deal made just for the sake of saying that they made a deal.

What do we say in 30 years from now if Iran still hasn't pursued nukes and it seems to have worked?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What do we say in 30 years from now if Iran still hasn't pursued nukes and it seems to have worked?
    What do we say if Iran gets a nuke in 10 yrs and blows the **** out of everything. See I can project too. I'm not interested in your what if game.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    What do we say if Iran gets a nuke in 10 yrs and blows the **** out of everything. See I can project too.

In what scenario is that even a slight possibility? Developing a nuke gets sanctions slapped back on, If they ever used one or a proxy used one it'd be the end of Iran.
    Why would they ever use one knowing exactly how it ends for them?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    We'd likely say, that is the first international agreement that Iran has honored in generations.

Now, what would you say if it isn't true?

You started the stupid game. Rather than answer a question you deflected with the opposite question. Answer the question then ask yours.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Pudly you must have edited your response between my reading and replying, did you not have a post saying something along the lines of "see I can play this stupid game to" ?

That or I've gone completely crazy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If people say they want to achieve some political goal, why should the default assumption be that they won't at least try to achieve it? Saying, what if they don't do the expected might be fine if you want to cover all the possibilities, but it's not a serious question to support let'n 'er ride.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    If people say they want to achieve some political goal, why should the default assumption be that they won't at least try to achieve it? Saying, what if they don't do the expected might be fine if you want to cover all the possibilities, but it's not a serious question to support let'n 'er ride.

The overwhelming opinion here is that the agreement won't work, I want to know if Obama will be given credit when it does.

Top Bottom