• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If I remember correctly , I think it takes something like 26-27 minutes for an ICBM to get here from Russia . Let's hope they don't have " god rod " weapons ..

If you're talking Russia as the adversary, 6 to 8 minutes for depressed trajectory SLBM depending on launch point and target.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    With a range of ~100 mi., "purely" is a strong word. ;)

By nature, SAMs are generally defensive. I'll give you that. But with a range like that, it becomes easier to reach out and touch someone that isn't anywhere near defensive airspace.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    True, but Iran is a big country. 100 miles may not be too much range for them if they put the missiles across the country. And, if a war were to break out, (say, if republicans got their wish and attacked them) that range would be necessary. Not saying they couldn't use them for nefarious purposes, but it seems unlikely, given their history.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Why should'nt a pacifistic nation like Iran have the means to defend itself against imperialist republican aggressors?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I guess we'll just have to nuke them to stay outside those SAM rings. Persian glass anyone?

I don't think we should give our enemies any advantage we don't need to, doing so willingly is the act of a fool. Eliminating our ability to have a reasonable conventional response means we'll just have to go one up. The lunatic theocracy is not a rational actor.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It seems a lot of people hate the idea of America, ordered liberty, personal responsibility, personal initiative. A lot of folks seem to think America is the dirt we stand on not the ideas we defend. If America is just what's on the map...so what? Big deal. Give me my government stuff! Let me smoke my dope and surf the internwebz/ play games, whatever. That's not the idea of America, though it may be its future...or what's left of it's future before the inevitable dictatorship sets in. Because that's how it has always ended in history.

Rome continued the fallacy of a Republic for 200 years after the tyranny had set in.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It seems a lot of people hate the idea of America, ordered liberty, personal responsibility, personal initiative. A lot of folks seem to think America is the dirt we stand on not the ideas we defend. If America is just what's on the map...so what? Big deal. Give me my government stuff! Let me smoke my dope and surf the internwebz/ play games, whatever. That's not the idea of America, though it may be its future...or what's left of it's future before the inevitable dictatorship sets in. Because that's how it has always ended in history.

Rome continued the fallacy of a Republic for 200 years after the tyranny had set in.

That's what I'm saying, you have the liberty to say and do things I agree with and only if it holds to my traditional values.

Top Bottom