• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Point taken. I also have a had to run off a few over the years. So yes, I agree it is probably a good idea.

I am just resistant to any rule that furthers possibilities of warrantless intrusion upon private property. I just see the interpretation of this being subject to abuse. Too much discretion leads to too much abuse. Placing something on top and trying tell CO "I clearly have 6 inches visible from this side" when it hangs over the top seems specious at best. I can see the affidavit now.

I am probably over reacting but DNR already has more authority to enter your property than any other law enforcement agency and I am suspect of giving the agency increased ability. Or simply another excuse to ruin a hard earned day of solitude in the woods.

The agency is necessary. I am not disputing that but when COs roll out in 50 thousand dollar boats to check fishing licenses and 50 thousand dollar SUVs and wear night vision goggles for "enforcement" missions to check for licenses and to sneak up on campers I just can't help but marvel at the costs and what funds these toys. Most County LEOs don't have gear near this nice nor the money and it seems we are just creating additional ways to execute a self fulfilling prohecy. Whoa...getting way off track on a rant.

You are right. If it spares one life from some idiot blasting away with a slug it is worth it. Hell, it may even be my own.

Top Bottom