• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Naaah.
    We just lived the same life for a while. ;)
    Mike

twins.jpg

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Lets just say I'm nothing like Devito. Looks, personality, nothing!
    Some days I look better than I feel.
    Some days I feel better than I look.
    I guess I'm just average. :dunno:
    Mike

Well, not exactly what I was shooting for an answer. How about which character do you most relate?

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    If you want to cut government spending, Id say a good place to start is cutting the 1,001 public assistance programs and fining the people who have been abusing them for years.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here's a nifty little chart of Illinois Administrators who will be getting millions in their retirement. All from a state that's on the verge of bankruptcy.

via The New Editor

Back in 2008, the Daily Bail's Bill Zettler listed what can only be described as an eye-popping list of the top 100 pensions due to school administrators in the state of Illinois.

The total estimated cost of these pensions is almost $1 billion -- at $887,925,790 -- for 100 people!

Why do these people deserve a bailout again?

Top100SchoolAdm.Pensionsin2007.jpeg

Maybe some government employees in Indiana don't pull down these figures, but government employees in other cities and states DO. And they're a problem for everyone, 'cause eventually they'll collapse under their own weight and come calling on the feds to bail them out. Indiana seems to have kept somewhat of a rein on a good number of their employees. For now.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think pensions should be done away with.

Give people a 401k match and that way you don't end up with all the unfunded liability of pensioners 40 or 50 years down the road.

Also, I don't understand why/how someone can "retire" after only 20 years. That just blows my mind.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I think pensions should be done away with.

Give people a 401k match and that way you don't end up with all the unfunded liability of pensioners 40 or 50 years down the road.

Also, I don't understand why/how someone can "retire" after only 20 years. That just blows my mind.

"Twenty and Out" programs used to be pretty common for police and fire jobs. They were meant to bring new blood into the department and to not have guys in their sixties still working patrol. I am not sure of who is still doing them in Indiana. Guys used to get on a City P.D. for example in their early 20's, earn their retirement and then take a job with another P.D. and earn a second retirement. I don't think it goes on anymore.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Guys used to get on a City P.D. for example in their early 20's, earn their retirement and then take a job with another P.D. and earn a second retirement. I don't think it goes on anymore.

It still does. Additionally, due to the current economy, its occurrence has increased.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    "Twenty and Out" programs used to be pretty common for police and fire jobs. They were meant to bring new blood into the department and to not have guys in their sixties still working patrol. I am not sure of who is still doing them in Indiana. Guys used to get on a City P.D. for example in their early 20's, earn their retirement and then take a job with another P.D. and earn a second retirement. I don't think it goes on anymore.

This is just my opinion, but if you can't physically do a physical job anymore, then it's time to find a less physically demanding job, not retire.

That's just my crazy philosophy though.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Lots of people have physically demanding jobs that don't provide a pension after 20 years, why should public servants be any different?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom